Superman Returns

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I've seen pretty mixed reviews. Over on Epinions, for every 4- and 5-star review there's a 1- or 2-star review. I'm on the high end, though. :cool:
Erin

somethingofafan

Reaction score
I enjoyed the movie. I didn't overanalyze it; I didn't go in expecting to be absolutely thrilled beyond any thrill I'd ever had; I just went in expecting to kill a few hours in an enjoyable fashion. And based on those expectations, the movie adequately served its purpose. Recommended to anyone with semi-realistic expectations.

Sorry to be so half-hearted; I really did enjoy the movie. It's just that I have taken the hype with a grain of salt ever since I saw Titanic; the result was that I had realistic expectations for every film since and was able to enjoy the Star Wars prequels, the Spider-Man films, and now this.

jellyman kelly

Reaction score
did i hear right that superman returns picks up where the quest for peace left off?

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
It picks up where the second movie left off, as though the third and fourth movies never happened.
Erin

muppetwriter

Reaction score
There are a lot of references to the first and second movies in Superman Returns, like the interview that Lois had with him in the first one and Supes' famous line after rescuing her from a crashing helicopter: "Flying is the safest way to travel.":smile:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Plus I love how he kept blowing out her lighter-flame. Supes never liked it that Lois smoked when she was stressed-out.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
I like that scene, too. And Richard White didn't like it when she smoked also.:big_grin:

jellyman kelly

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
It picks up where the second movie left off, as though the third and fourth movies never happened.
Erin
ok, im trying to get my hubby up to speed before we go and see the new one. im sure he'll be glad not to have to sit thru the quest for peace, althought i didnt mind it...

Gonzo14

Reaction score
the movie was alright, but after a while it just got repetitive. Something happens, they think they're gonna die, then Superman saves the day. Again and Again.