Superman Returns

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Well, I know for a fact that I'm going to be hitting the theaters this week to see my favorite superhero of all time fly for the first time in 20 years. I probably won't be able to see the movie 'til Saturday, but I'm going to be there noneoftheless.:smile:

But who else is going to see this awesome flick? Are you going to see Tuesday night's showings or wait until Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, or Saturday (like me)? And do you have any high expectations?

I start this thread to see who's excited for Superman Returns.:big_grin:

jellyman kelly

Reaction score
im excited!
although, i just cant warm to the new superman...maybe when i hear his voice it might be different...
on the previews, they seem to be using the original theme music from the christopher reeve good old days....i would go for that alone!

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I'm so psyched! Except I've become a Smallville addict, and having just finished the third season, I am going to be very sad seeing Lex as the villain again... But Kevin Spacey looks like he's going to be an awesome Lex... The new Clark looks pretty good too. I love the shot of him with those gorgeously geeky glasses! :stick_out_tongue:
Erin

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hey! D Live on the M! Havn't seen you around here for ages! I think? Unless I am just getting unobservent in my old age.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Other sites are saying that tickets have been selling really fast online! According to one site, they've been selling out faster than tickets for X-Men: The Last Stand! This is good news, but I really hope that I can get tickets for Saturday showings.:smirk:

Also, there's been speculation that there's going to be a teaser trailer for Spider-Man 3 showing during the film's previews. If it's not too much trouble, could some of you that're going to see it sometime between Tuesday and Friday clarify this information? Thanks.:smile:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
crazed gonzo fa said:
IMHO the guy playing Super Man looks kinda goofy in the outfit.
They probably said the same thing about Chris Reeves back in 1978; but with three sequels, everyone got used to it. I guess that's all Brandon Routh and the new Superman costume need is some getting used to.

I have this feeling that the design of the Superman costume will probably change again by the next movie.:big_grin:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oh! Random thought! The new Luthor...for a moment there I was like, "Whoah man! Gene Hackman really reminds me of someone here...wait...it's not Gene Hackman! That's who he reminds me of!"

But really the voice, mannerisms, and indeed smile are perfectly down pat as Gene Hackman...I mean, er...Luthor.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Kevin Spacey was without a shadow of doubt the perfect choice to play Lex Luthor. Seriously! If you've seen him in Swimming with Sharks, Se7en, and The Usual Suspects, playing all of those wickedly genius characters, you would've known for a fact that he was one day going to be the ultimate villain of them all!

It's kind of funny that, with hair, he kinda reminds me of Gene Hackman himself.:smile: