Can someone please email me a couple patterns?

Phantom

Reaction score
One last comment, if you are interested in the Project Puppet plans, they are well worth the money and would be a great place to start.

Scrimp, save, sell a kidney...they are worth it.

roastnebrie

Reaction score
i gree with the statement mentioned above. these people run a bussiness and what good would it be if people gave away someone elses hard work for free!sure even I would love it if someone mailed me all of there patterns! that company would not do any business and would soon fail. I personaly am going to wait untill i save enough money to purchase them proudly by myself. Trust me its better for everyone this way and may I also add that i see some wonderfull creations that i would never see if it werent for this website!

propologist

Reaction score
free patterns

I agree that projectpuppet.com. patterns are well worth every penny and should get paid for any one to use thier patterns. But I also under stand that not every one can afford to buy them or any one of the other companys patterns and thats why I shared one of my simple head patterns to help some of you get started,but that is what you should be using as your stepping stone to help your self under stand how make your own. There is more than one web site listed on MC with titorials on how to. If you really want to learn how to make puppets, You have to start experimenting and with trial and error you will learn to make better and better puppets it just takes time, so don't give up. Learn from the misstakes and have the satisfaction that you did it your self.

My 2 cents,

Mike
propologist

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Arislan, just so you know, as far as I can tell (I don't own the ProjectPuppet patterns myself) the pattern Mike did that's linked to above uses the same basic approach as the Project Puppet foam patterns. You can get most of the shapes you'd want just by playing with it a bit.

Likewise, while the Glorified Sock Puppet Pattern is pretty rediculously cheap at $20, if for some reason you won't or aren't able to buy it online try fiddling around with this stuffed Kermit head pattern - the head shape is nearly identical.

Most of the rest of info you'd need to know to build a puppet you should be able to figure out by reading Sean J's Ratchet tutorial or my Tumbles P. Bear Project article.

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
i do not understand , you willl happily pay for a Ebay purchase of a un-autherized replica, but will not support a legit company and thier products?

Arislan

Reaction score
Thanks for the insightful reply, guys, I'm sorry I haven't been on to say anything. We just moved this week and I hope I can find some materials here. Buck, thanks for reposting that Kermit pattern, I've seen it before and didn't keep the link. Does Kermit use foam at all? He's always looked like pure fleece or felt to me. Does everyone use pingpong balls for eyes?

Arislan

Reaction score
ravagefrackle said:
i do not understand , you willl happily pay for a Ebay purchase of a un-autherized replica, but will not support a legit company and thier products?
Save where you can. I can't get the Elmo free, but if I can get the patterns free, why not? I don't have that kind of money for a piece of paper so I wouldn't be buying it anyway.
Unless you gave me the money. :stick_out_tongue:

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
Buck-Beaver said:
good grief,

its more than a pattern, its a kit , unless you are talking about the sock puppet pattern, either way , nothing in this world is free,