You've GOT to remember this!

ErnieImitator

Reaction score
There was one film:

(all the actors were African-American)

It started with a woman sleeping with wind chimes in the room.

Pan to an adjoining room where a little boy is pretending to be an airplane, making reeeeeeeeee reeeeee sounds and extnding his arms. In the same room, a teenage male is practicing (It think, Brahms' Lullaby) on a trumpet. Outside, form the window, one can see a man on a lawnmower and, i think, another man with a chainsaw. I believe it ended with more "kid airplane" noises.

Cookie fan

Reaction score
Yup, sure remember that one. I think its on youtube if I'm not mistaken. Very abstract clip, probably late 70's-early 80's.

ErnieImitator

Reaction score
By the way, I think the one on Youtube you're thinking about is the 70's version, with the violinist, woman vacumming, and female teen listening to the radio. I'm talking about the 80's one.

Cookie fan

Reaction score
Your guess is as good as mine. A little weird for me, especially the boy sounded when he stopped making that airplane noise- sounded like he got a pot on the head.

ErnieImitator

Reaction score
ErnieImitator said:
By the way, I think the one on Youtube you're thinking about is the 70's version, with the violinist, woman vacumming, and female teen listening to the radio. I'm talking about the 80's one.
Well, this one IS on youtube.

superboober

Reaction score
So they were made in different decades? The picture qualities seemed similar as best I can recall (although I was 4 at the time, the young woman listening to the record is the "city" version was my very first crush on a woman; I wonder what she's doing now?)

And the ending of the "country" version we've been talking about here, or at least the zenith of the sounds getting louder, was a motorcycle rider getting up on his bike, revving the engine hard, and tearing off screen to give the loudest sound of the group, to straighten it out further

mikebennidict

Reaction score
ErnieImitator said:
I think they were both made in the 80s. The quality of both films are simaler and I don't recall seeing either of them in the 70s.

PiLfan

Reaction score
ErnieImitator said:
Yeah! What the **** was it trying to teach?!
i think they were intended to teach the progression of sound from soft(est) to loud(est)...or something like that.