Late Night Buffet Taping Summary: Not Enough Juice!

Stulz

Reaction score
Air

The thinking is 11pm on TBS. Won't be on until early 2007 I heard, but we'll see..

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Also shouldn't this thread be in the Jim Henson company threads rather than the Walt Disney Company threads.

Disney doesn't have anything to do with this, right?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Does anybody who saw the tapping remember what voices Brian Henson and Bill Baretta used for their characters?

Man, it seems like this will be the first-ever Henson series to actually be performed in front of a live studio audience. I wonder how close to a real talk show this wil be. I wonder if episodes will be rerun.

MWoO

Reaction score
Bill sounds like slower slightly less italian Jonny Fiama and BRian sounds like a less ftrantic slightly deeper italian Sal.

I don't really know why they used such giant puppets. I don't think they are all that great. Not much expression in them other than what is built in. I was expecting something less human looking.

WOCKA2416

Reaction score
renegade said:
please do . These are only my opinions and I would luv to hear yours .
I think the show was very good and has a lot of potential. I believe it is going to be a 30 minute show, so you have to remember that the not so funny parts will be cut out. I think Henson has a potential hit on their hands! :smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I bet the format being the same as every other talk show is parody. Keep in mind that Hensons like parody.

By the way, I merged the two threads together since they were the same topic.

tomahawk

Reaction score
I went with Chris (Stulz), and I thought it was hilarious. It was great to see the Muppets (puppets... whatever) back to being a little more edgy without it feeling forced. I felt that was the worst part about MWOO was that it felt forced. Brian and Bill were great as always. Fred Willard was hilarious.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
wow!!! thanks for the YOUTube link... they are kinda BIG lookin'. The one that Bill is doin moves like a robot almost! :smirk:

cyberroo

Reaction score
We went to the later taping, and while I thought the guests weren't great, I think the concept has potential. Hopefully Hal Sparks was more entertaining in the early taping.

The puppets are huge, I assume to keep them in proportion with the human guests, rather than having little tiny puppets with big people. We also wondered if there were Disney issues there - by rescaling the puppets, it reduces the confusion with muppets.

The interstitial skits were hilarious, and I think the show will get stronger as they grow more accustomed to the format. Hopefully they'll get that opportunity.

It was completely amazing to see how the show came together, and to see Bill and Bryan in that environment. Very different than even PuppetUP.