Late Night Buffet Taping Summary: Not Enough Juice!

renegade

Reaction score
Hi Gang ,
I just got back from a 4 hour taping down at the Henson studios for the show LATE NIGHT BUFFET WITH AUGIE AND DEL .
I really felt the show was very close to awful , Not enough Juice ! It reminded me of that show ALF'S HIT TALK SHOW ( YUCK )
Now that being said here is the good news the puppets were friggin AMAZING!
and watching Brian Henson and Bill Beretta work was soooo Great !
The band has 3 monkeys and a brooklyn big hair type lady as the band leader. The monkeys were some of the best designed muppets I've ever seen ! and what a terrific female puppet! I will try to do a few drawings this week of them.
One of the monkeys was puppeteered by Karen Prell and it was also great to watch her work, she has such great timing ! and acting
But they never took advantage of the band and there great characters, they just played music and never did any bit's which I feel was a huge Mistake .
There was one DIRTY bit at the end of the end of the show that had a few laughs . The interview of the guest were just God AWFUL and super borring.. .
If your going to do a talk show why does it have to have the same format as every other talk show (IE:the band and the sassy band leader, two chairs for the guest and a back drop of the city behind them )
but all in all watching the people work was well worth it !
Just thought I would share .

renegade

Reaction score
please do . These are only my opinions and I would luv to hear yours .

Stulz

Reaction score
pilot

I was there as well. As pilots go this was really a great 1st step. I think once they add more sketches into the show and use the charcters outside the studio setting the pacing will improve.

We were laughing are "beeps" off (ooops I can't say that here.. you'e gonna have to beep that) for most of the show.

The puppets were huge!! I'm surprised they made them so big.. it's a lot of weight to mess around with.

Anyway I posted the preview shown @ comic-con yesterday on YouTube..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Od4NW_kNbzg

Enjoy!

Teenager's

Reaction score
Wow! Those Puppets Are Huge!....sheesh, but very nice though....they move so smoothly....and realistically....sorry to hear that the actual show wasn't that great/fun....but it's good to hear Karen Prell is in it!

JAZZ4JEFF

Reaction score
I also attended the first taping. Two quick comments. The guests at the first taping were Kathi Najimi and Hal Sparks. They both brought lots of energy and comedy to the show. And, I found it odd the the pages kept telling the audience in line "These are Puppets, not Muppets". "Don't make the producer angry by calling them "Muppets". What was that all about?

Stulz

Reaction score
Muppets VS puppets

Henson doesn't own "The Muppets" anymore so I guess these puppets will not be considered "Muppets" ..plus that way Disney can't sue/ try to buy the rights to them and then burry them in the vault .. ; ) :stick_out_tongue:

Stulz

Reaction score
guests

Oh just one more thing: The guests for the 2nd taping were Fred Willard and Kaitlin Olson (It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia).

matleo

Reaction score
Fred Willard should be fun. He's great in an improv scenario casue he always looks like he's uncomfortable so you start to ignore him but the he says some really outlandish things.

--matt