Why does my daughter love bert more than ernie?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
The writing might favor bert more, but I'm an adult here, so It doesn't matter which one any preson too old for Sesame Street likes better to me, there just Muppets!

PS. I like Bert better.

jellyman kelly

Reaction score
i think its just a kid thing, when i was a kid i liked gordon because he had a moustache, and didnt like bob because he didnt! i liked ernie better too, for no real reason, he just seemed more like my friend than bert did..

exelis

Reaction score
I was always a Bert sorta kid. Had stamp and coin collections, liked to read books and study things deeply.

There's no prejudice in a situation like that. Prejudice implies decision making before knowledge. Your child clearly knows Ernie and Bert. Just as you wouldn't be considered prejudiced for becoming friends with one person you work with but not another, your daughter shouldn't be considered so, either.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have to say, I favor Bert to Ernie, but love both of them. I tend to find Ernie loses a lot of his character's humor without BErt (or at least someone to annoy). There was a great Ernie and Grover opposites song they made recently (after Steve took on the role at least), that was just as funny.

Truth is, Bert isn't boring... he's overly exaggerated boring. Which means, of course, he's funny because he's so dull, everything is a characature. Not to mention, like most of Frank's characters, he can get some great improvised bits, and overexasperation...lik his constant fainting.

You look at Ernie's Show and Tell or skits where he sings with Elmo and you see him just being a kid. Not too much going on. You ad someone to annoy, you've got classic humor. In short, Bert could be kinda funny on his own, but Bert makes Ernie great.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
If your daughter loves Bert more than Ernie, you shouldn't be asking why she loves him more. You should be asking your daughter, "if you love Bert so much then why don't you marry him?" :wink:

rexcrk

Reaction score
I don't really know which one I prefer over Bert or Ernie... but I think the reason I like Squidward so much on SpongeBob SquarePants is because he reminds me of Bert. :stick_out_tongue: :halo:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah! And Squidward reminds me of Boober too!

But then, I always thought Boober could have been played by Frank Oz (though of course Dave owned the role).

BEAR

Reaction score
heralde said:
But then, I always thought Boober could have been played by Frank Oz (though of course Dave owned the role).

Yeah, I can see that. Because Boober sounds a lot like Frank Oz.