Why does my daughter love bert more than ernie?

lloyd christmas

Reaction score
she has told me on numerous occassions and if i ask her why she says its a secret. I was wondering if any of you other parents are experiencing this too? Is Bert sending subliminal messages to our kids about favoritism or is it more of a early sign of prejudice?

mikebennidict

Reaction score
I don't see why it's a problem to like 1 character better than the other, doesn't mean anything bad, and why would you think Bert would be sending bad messages about favortism?

I don't mean that in a rude way I'm just confused about that last part.

F

furryredmonster

What do you think is wrong about liking Bert better then Ernie? Everyone has different likes and dislikes...

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Yeah, don't worry, I like Bert better than Ernie also.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Yep, as I've stated here before several times I always liked Bert better too. And if I had to share an apartment with one of them it would definitely be Bert! (After all, I like to eat and sleep!)

lloyd christmas

Reaction score
ok i just asked her again and i promised not to tell anyone (because its a secret!) and she reluctantly told me its because he looks samoan, which doesnt make any sense to me. go figure!?

F

furryredmonster

lloyd christmas said:
ok i just asked her again and i promised not to tell anyone (because its a secret!) and she reluctantly told me its because he looks samoan, which doesnt make any sense to me. go figure!?
Samoan? Maybe she meant so mean? Just a guess.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
lloyd christmas said:
Let's not worry about it. As long as she's enjoying the show and benifitting from it.

Of course it would be bad if she strats pranking people like Ernie does to Bert. Then I can understand you haveing some concern.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
::shrugs:: My favorite when I was little was always Ernie. But as I got older I found myself liking Bert more, I started feeling sorry for him everytime Ernie did something annoying, lol. Bert's humor is to be annoyed and frustrated, it's definitely funny.