Billionaire Saban in Talks to Buy Muppet Makers

Smig

Reaction score
One other good point about "Gadget's Last Case":

No Capeman.

Smig

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm the only one who liked Capeman! At least he was a BILLION times better than Scrappy Doo...and they gave him his OWN show!

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
But I still think whoever buys the Muppets should:

A) let Kermit (or maybe even Rowlf) back as a regular on Sesame Street (if not this coming season, next season)
B) Rerelease TMM, GMC, and MTM back to theaters (allong with Dark Crystal)
C) Let Henson have creative control
D) Make great Muppet stuff, both Merchandise and entertainment.
My opinions on those:

A) not really a MAJOR concern, but, yes, that would be nice. But, right now, if Kermit actually does stuff with Classic Muppet group I'd be happy.

B) not really necessary, to be honest. Particularly TDC which bombed. But definitely some attention focused on the fantasy aspect of the company would be awesome. I wish Henson will soon be recognized as a leader of not only children and family entertainment with the Muppets, but also with fantasy programs which started (in a way) with the now-defunct Farscape. And if they could do more fantasy movies or revive The Storyteller for cable or something, that'd be cool. ANYWAY...

C) YES.

D) Double yes. Promote the heck out of everything if you like, just make sure the product is entertaining and cuddly and/or cool-looking.

I still wanted to walk to The Disney Store one day and see Kermit, Fozzie and Fraggles alongside Mickey, Pooh, and the sorta-adopted Big Blue House characters. THAT would be a sight.

Muppets1985

Reaction score
**I still wanted to walk to The Disney Store one day and see Kermit, Fozzie and Fraggles alongside Mickey, Pooh, and the sorta-adopted Big Blue House characters. THAT would be a sight.**

Me 2 brother, meeeee 2!!!:frown: :frown: :smile:

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Dic: They had their share of hits and misses. Mostly Misses now-a-days. There was some great stuff like Inspector Gadget, the Super Mario Super Show, Heathcliff and Dennis the Menace.
Oh i can not tell you how much i loved the Super Mario Bros Super Show! along with the Super Mario Bros 3 show as well with the koopa kids.

I am also a Heathcliff fan too, that theme song will be guled in my mind forever! Riff Raff and the Cattlelac cats were a hoot! Heathcliff was on a few summers ago back on the fox family channle, when it was the fox family channle, i watched it all summer long, that and pee wee's playhouse.

this is really making me miss these shows and i don't even want to turn the tv on to see the junk that they play now.

The Raccoons was a great show too that was back on a few summers ago on a local Canada station i got because i live near the area. some time it pop's back and goes away from time to time, for all i know it could be back on now, i should check.

Zack) Rowlf the, if i could just have my own satation and run all the shows i love, that would be great, can i have that for Christmas Mom? Yeah, thanks! Dog:wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Zack the Dog
Oh i can not tell you how much i loved the Super Mario Bros Super Show! along with the Super Mario Bros 3 show as well with the koopa kids.

I am also a Heathcliff fan too, that theme song will be guled in my mind forever! Riff Raff and the Cattlelac cats were a hoot! Heathcliff was on a few summers ago back on the fox family channle, when it was the fox family channle, i watched it all summer long, that and pee wee's playhouse.

this is really making me miss these shows and i don't even want to turn the tv on to see the junk that they play now.
Thank you, Zack the "remembering the days before Dic made crappy junk shows, and let all the bad ones (but, luckily letting Super Mario :big_grin: ) on DVD" Dog.

This is kinda fun, man! In case you want to know, DIC had a Disney partnership, and though it released some great stuff on Video, they did make pretty bad cartoons like Hammerman (?) and (before the partnership ended) Sabrina the Series (YUUUUCHHHH!!!!)

I am worried about Disney buying the Muppets, as much as I encourage it. At least it will be less confusing.

Wonder why Sony entertainment (aka Columbia Tristar) didn't put in a bid!

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
D.Tooth,

Disney was invovled in the making of Hammerman.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Thank you, Zack the "remembering the days before Dic made crappy junk shows, and let all the bad ones (but, luckily letting Super Mario ) on DVD" Dog.
yeah i have seen the DVD's before, do you know how many were made?

Thanks,

Zack)Rowlf the, take one step and then again, come on lets to do the mario! Dog.

ZootandDingo

Reaction score
Originally posted by Muppets1985
Ummm.... I just lurned that Disney owns Saban!!!
Um, yeah. As already mentioned in the thread, Disney owns the Saban company, but it is Haim Saban himself who wants to own the Muppets. He is no longer with the Saban company following the Disney buyout.

Unless Disney makes its own bid or buys the company away from Mr. Saban afterward, they have no stake in these talks.