Billionaire Saban in Talks to Buy Muppet Makers

Drtooth

Reaction score
I saw the new Transformer toys at McDonalds....TERRIBLE!!! YUCK!!! these are worse than the Transformer Rip-offs from the 1980's!

However, I think I saw the Cheshire cat at a collector's store! If you really want it, I could probably get it for you! If they still have it, of course!

JamieDenny

Reaction score
Hate to disagree but 'Uncle Walt' had a few flaws. The first being he was anti-semtic. He was anti-women and instead of negotiating with strikers he set the mob on them.
Then there's the testifying before the committe of un-american activities. People who today would be called Democrats were called communists, lost their jobs, children and some even took their lives
Then there was his friendship with J Edgar Hoover, the chief transvestite in charge of bringing 'criminals' to justice and erasing memebers of the Kennedy clan.
We don't even know if the guy is who he says he is, three birth certificates is a little greedy, and I haven't even touched on the fact that he couldn't draw his company's symbol, Mickey Mouse.
Disney was a creepy Anti-democratic Three birth certificated guy.
He also had no sense of humour.

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by JamieDenny
Hate to disagree but 'Uncle Walt' had a few flaws. The first being he was anti-semtic. He was anti-women and instead of negotiating with strikers he set the mob on them.
Then there's the testifying before the committe of un-american activities. People who today would be called Democrats were called communists, lost their jobs, children and some even took their lives
Then there was his friendship with J Edgar Hoover, the chief transvestite in charge of bringing 'criminals' to justice and erasing memebers of the Kennedy clan.
We don't even know if the guy is who he says he is, three birth certificates is a little greedy, and I haven't even touched on the fact that he couldn't draw his company's symbol, Mickey Mouse.
Disney was a creepy Anti-democratic Three birth certificated guy.
He also had no sense of humour.
I see somebody has read the un-authorized biography on Uncle Walt.

Word to the wise though, don't believe everything you read. While some of it may be based in reality, there are a lot of things that many folks have question the validity of.

The 50's were an interesting time in Hollywood with the "red scare", but I don't buy into many of the stories that have been told. I find it hard to believe that Walt was a spy for the CIA/FBI/Whatever.:rolleyes:

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Originally posted by radionate
don't buy into many of the stories that have been told. I find it hard to believe that Walt was a spy for the CIA/FBI/Whatever.:rolleyes:
Anti-semetic and anti-women. Yeah right.

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
Let get this baby back on topic....

Okay, while it almost November and it looks we have winner at Saban unless someone else step in or EM.TV decide to further push back the sale. It looking very unlikely that Disney will buy the company since there would have been alot of press coverage or at least some rumor that would have been out by now. Hey, maybe DIC, 4 Kids Entertainment, or Mike Young Productions coudl step in for a bid :big_grin: .

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Originally posted by Bean Bunny
Hey, maybe DIC, 4 Kids Entertainment, or Mike Young Productions coudl step in for a bid :big_grin: .
Blech! Don't know what Mike Young Pro. is, but blech!

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
Mike Young make such shows as the new He-Man on Cartoon Network, Clifford The Big Red Dog for PBS, and Butt Ugly Martians among others.

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Originally posted by Bean Bunny
Mike Young make such shows as the new He-Man on Cartoon Network, Clifford The Big Red Dog for PBS, and Butt Ugly Martians among others.
woo-woo...

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
For some reason I just had this weird dream ...

Here's how it happened: I was on a bus.
I was minding my own business, when all of a sudden the Saban himself walked on the bus.
He had kind of a nonchalant expression on his face, as if he was going to be happy when he destroyed the Muppets.
He was sitting face to face across the bus from me.
I scowled at him. :mad:
He didn't even look at me.
I didn't know how I got up the courage to say it, but ... I blurted out quietly, "You're evil!"
He looked at me confused.
I drew back.
I remarked, "Look, I'm really sorry ... I admit that was a rude thing for me to say ... but I just feel this way because ... well ...
(tears came to my eyes, and I felt choked up) :frown:
... because I really want Fraggle Rock to be on DVD ...
all 96 episodes ...
and so do thousands of other Muppet fans ...
I hope you see where I'm coming from ...
and I hope you'll take my words into consideration."
That certainly put a prolific expression on his face.

And then my watch alarm woke me up so I could get up to watch O Canada on Cartoon Network.

Maybe I don't understand what Saban is going to do with the Muppets, but at least I'm happy now. :big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
What Bean said... about DIC, and 4 Kids...

Dic: They had their share of hits and misses. Mostly Misses now-a-days. There was some great stuff like Inspector Gadget, the Super Mario Super Show, Heathcliff and Dennis the Menace. But now they Have that terrible Sabrina cartoon, Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen (BLEEECH), and even considered a Who wants to be a Millionaire cartoon (God must've intervined! There is no way in heck that was a good idea). The Archie's Mysteries show was okay, but they were SUPPOSED to give Inspector Gadfet a second series..which they never DID!!!)

4 kids... BLECCCHHH!!! The only show they make I actually watch is Kirby, and just for king De De De and Escargoon. I gotta say, those guys are worth the whole show!

Let's hope some how that Henson can find financial independance!