Check out my Janice puppet on ebay

Punch'n'Judy

Reaction score
No, but a lot of people are fed up of arguing about it. There are a lot worse offenses that go on every day.

Whispers

Reaction score
Amazing work! I love how bright the hair looks and so expressive. Excellent work! I'm sure someone will buy her!:wink: :excited:

GoldenBalls

Reaction score
Punch'n'Judy said:
No, but a lot of people are fed up of arguing about it. There are a lot worse offenses that go on every day.
True, true. I mean I hate to see replicas being sold on ebay just as much as the next muppet fan but at the end of the day it isn't going to stop the seller, you can only rely on ebay for that. So unless it gets taken down you may aswell just enjoy the pictures and discuss on how well it has been made.

Phantom

Reaction score
Marky said:
I have NO problem with the puppet being re-created. I DO have a problem with trying to sell it (at a premium price, no less).

Am I the ONLY one here who feels this way?!?
I believe we are on opposite sides of the same opininon. (wrap your mind around that one) I don't feel a replica is copyright infringement until it placed in the marketplace for retail so I am in agreement with you as to the legal/moral implication. Now, the cost, be it $500, $5000 or $5, is irrelevant because the moment it is "for sale" it is copyright infringment.

As far as price goes, if someone is willing to pay $500 for "product X" (nice Muppet replica, original creation or jar of fireflies), there should be no criticism.

I just wanted to clarify. I'm not the MHC legal department, so beyond my opinion I don't really have anything to say.

Marky

Reaction score
Phantom said:
I believe we are on opposite sides of the same opininon. (wrap your mind around that one) I don't feel a replica is copyright infringement until it placed in the marketplace for retail so I am in agreement with you as to the legal/moral implication. Now, the cost, be it $500, $5000 or $5, is irrelevant because the moment it is "for sale" it is copyright infringment.

As far as price goes, if someone is willing to pay $500 for "product X" (nice Muppet replica, original creation or jar of fireflies), there should be no criticism.

I just wanted to clarify. I'm not the MHC legal department, so beyond my opinion I don't really have anything to say.
I am 100% pro-capitalism, btw. Of course, if people are willing to buy something, so be it - my issue is directed at the person who made the knock-off, set the outrageous price, and posted here to a muppet forum (which is obviously full of muppet freaks) telling one and all to check it out.

Frankly, the only opinion I'm curious about on the matter is puppetmancan's. I mean, what would Jim Heson say???