1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Check out my Janice puppet on ebay

Discussion in 'Puppets For Sale' started by puppetmancan, Oct 13, 2006.

1. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

Speaking as someone who has both a love of puppets and someone who has a love of :flirt: (needless to say from my name) that is some great work.

May I ask you some questions puppetmancan? Let me also say that I'm sorry if you mention some of this stuff in your auction.

1) What kind of foam did you use exactly and where can it be found?
    2) Same question as the first one but about the hair?
    3) What did you use to dye the antron fleece and also where can that be found?

Although I do believe it's not really right to make money off a copyrighted Muppet in some ways, but I won't get into that, :) .

Overall, if you answer the questions, thanks so much Puppetmancan. And that is one awesome looking Janice, great work, ;)
  2. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Nice work.
  3. puppetmancan

puppetmancan Member

Thank you. Here is the anwers to your questions.

1' foam and 1/2" foam. Upulstry shop, online.
    rattail cord. Online
    Aljo and rit dye, at walmart or online.
  4. Marky

Marky Member

puppetmancan,

Your puppets rock! But, er... aren't you just a li'l nervous about getting sued there, buddy? I know many puppet makers, and they'd never dream about selling someone else's property. I mean, making them and using them for free shows is one thing...

But selling them?
  5. JJandJanice

Thanks, if it's not too much trouble, could you PM a link of the online shop of which you bought this stuff.

Once agian great work.
  6. puppetmancan

puppetmancan Member

the only one i know that i use often is ebay, sorry.
  7. JJandJanice

Oh off Ebay, that's cool, it's works. :)
  8. Blue Weirdo

Blue Weirdo Member

Great work I wish I could afford her. She's a **** of a lot better than the plush Janice that's out.
  9. Marky

Marky Member

... well I would at least hope that you're giving away your pattern and material list for free?

... is anyone else here on my page?
  10. TopperFraggle

TopperFraggle Member

"Here's my attempt to infringe on someone else's copyright- and I'll shame anyone who points it out".

Nice.

I don't mind the replicas at all, but dude, if you can't take the heat...
  11. Marky

Marky Member

As for 'shaming anyone who points it out' - uh... why would anyone who points out this fact feel shame? You're the criminal here, dude!
  12. jacobsnchz

jacobsnchz Active Member

13. jacobsnchz

jacobsnchz Active Member

It sold for $550?! :O
  14. Marky

Marky Member

How much of that is going to MHC?
  15. jacobsnchz

jacobsnchz Active Member

Yeah! How much?
  16. Marky

Marky Member

$550 - that's atrocious.
  17. Phantom

Phantom New Member

I assume you mean atrocious for a copyright infringment.

From a capitalistic point of view, a customers willingness to pay should never be questioned.
  18. Oh, you work for the Muppet Holding Company?
  19. Was Once Ernie

Was Once Ernie New Member

It didn't sell for $550. That's how much he was asking for it and nobody bid on it.

:p
  20. Marky

Marky Member

I have NO problem with the puppet being re-created. I DO have a problem with trying to sell it (at a premium price, no less).

I mean, no I don't work for MHC, but it's a pretty bold & shifty thing to do. I don't see any room for argument on that. And if the seller gets nailed (which is very possible)... I'd have a very hard time sympathizing.

Am I the ONLY one here who feels this way?!?