Sesame Old School Vol. 1: Why only 5 episodes?

Narpin

Reaction score
Didn't the Electric Company releases have 20 episodes each? Why does Sesame get only 5?

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Narpin said:
Didn't the Electric Company releases have 20 episodes each? Why does Sesame get only 5?

becouse they USE TO make 100+ episods a season...

JoeyMuppet

Reaction score
Well... I don't think people would've bought it, if it was 20 or 30 bucks more.
Plus there has been 5 episodes per week for the past 37 yrs, and even for this volume it's great value already... 5 almost uncut season premere episodes, about 40 or so Muppet/Non-Muppet sketchs & songs, and the Pitch Pilot from 1969.

Narpin

Reaction score
Well couldn't they have still given us 20 like Electric Company? Maybe 4 episode from each of the first 5 seasons??

I don't mean to be picky, but I hate when they milk the fans for money, and that's what this strikes me as. Sesame Street is more popular then Electric Company, so it seems (to me) like they want to put less episode on the Sesame release so they can sell more future volumes. maybe I'm paranoid, but that's how it comes across to me.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
First of all The Electric Company is a 30 minute show, with less copyright issues, and can fit more episodes in a disc.

Sesame Street is an hour, meaning a show or two per disc, and not too much space, the more space, the more disks, the more it will cost.

JoeyMuppet

Reaction score
Barry Lee said:
First of all The Electric Company is a 30 minute show, with less copyright issues, and can fit more episodes in a disc.

Sesame Street is an hour, meaning a show or two per disc, and not too much space, the more space, the more disks, the more it will cost.
Well put, Barry.

Narpin

Reaction score
Barry Lee said:

Ah. I didn't realize Electric Company was a half hour. I thought it was an hour. That does change things a bit.

Chris Gawley

Reaction score
Has there been any info posted about what (if any) special features this box set will contain? Although I'd still buy it if it didn't, I'd love to know.