Sesame Old School Vol. 1: Why only 5 episodes?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Barry Lee said:
First of all The Electric Company is a 30 minute show, with less copyright issues, and can fit more episodes in a disc.

Sesame Street is an hour, meaning a show or two per disc, and not too much space, the more space, the more disks, the more it will cost.
That's what HD DVDs are for. You could fit a whole series on one disk with those, but thay probably won't so thay can charge more money anyway.

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
I thought this was a nice compromise for all the fans who were requesting the Classic stuff on DVD. Some wanted full season sets(or at least full episodes in volume sets). Some wanted "best of" compliations of their favorite skits and songs. I would have perferred a "best of" set myself, but I like this compromise.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Ilikemuppets said:
That's what HD DVDs are for. You could fit a whole series on one disk with those, but thay probably won't so thay can charge more money anyway.
I thought that was possible for weekly television series, but untill 2002, each season had close to 130 episodes. Would an HD DVD be able to hold an entire season of Sesame Street? Of course, I was looking at some HD DVDs at a store recently, and comparing them to the regular DVD releases, and it seems like they have less features but cost more.

Marky

Reaction score
It's a compilation! 7 hours!
Besides, back in the day they repeated stuff daily. How many times do you want to see

"smaallll vvvveeeeeeeeeee" ?

CBPuppets

Reaction score
According to the A&E Biography Sesame Street had new episodes everyday for 26 weeks.

Marky

Reaction score
Kuriboh Man said:
According to the A&E Biography Sesame Street had new episodes everyday for 26 weeks.
According to my memory the episodes would be new, but you saw the same skits, songs & mini-clips littered about everywhere. Or is it just me? :stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Mickey Moose said:
I thought this was a nice compromise for all the fans who were requesting the Classic stuff on DVD. Some wanted full season sets(or at least full episodes in volume sets). Some wanted "best of" compliations of their favorite skits and songs. I would have perferred a "best of" set myself, but I like this compromise.

Exactly... they is basically the best thing they can do. I wanted to write to SW and request a best episode of X-year collectors set (s) featuring one landmark episode a year of each of the 35 years as a 35th anniverary set.

Plus, you can fit 3 hrs. on a disk single layer... most you can have in a 3 disk set is 9... maybe 12 on a 4 disk set... but then there'd be copywrite issues and no room for special features. Plus it would cost a bundle.

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
Maybe perhaps we should hope for best-of-season sets for next year, like for a Best of Season 1 set which could contain eight episodes.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
I thought that was possible for weekly television series, but untill 2002, each season had close to 130 episodes. Would an HD DVD be able to hold an entire season of Sesame Street? Of course, I was looking at some HD DVDs at a store recently, and comparing them to the regular DVD releases, and it seems like they have less features but cost more.
That's whet I'm saying. They can hold more, but that wont give you more in ordered to charge you less. Dvds can already hold more than they put on them. But you can fit adout an entire season on just one disk. They just wont.