Disturbing Page on Tough Pigs Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Censored

Reaction score
MWoO said:
You do know that "Jew" is not a slur right? Saying someone is a Jew is the same as saying someone is a Chrsitian or a Muslim. It's not even close to disturbing.

I am well aware that "Jew" is not a slur. I was being polite by saying "comments about a 'Jew'".

Below are the exact words from

http://www.toughpigs.com/myweekxmasanother03.htm

(These words are at least CLOSE to DISTURBING, even if they are posted by "a Jew")

Danny:

"Why does Bob wink after he says Happy Chanukah, like it's a big secret? Is Mr Hooper supposed to be Secret Agent Super Jew?"

Kynan:

"It's not a secret, it's a big joke. Bob is just humoring poor Mr Hooper, who's so delusional that he thinks Chanukah is a real holiday."

Danny:

"Ernie and Bert have both given up the thing they love most... and then in comes the Jew, to set things right! Leave it to the Jew! You see, Kynan? It's not all dreidel games after all. Jews have a purpose in this world! Count on the Jew; he will always come through."

MWoO

Reaction score
I just don't see what is disturbing abouti t. It's not hateful in anyway. There aren't even sterotypes being used. This is far from disturbing. Disturbing is finding naked pictures of your mom in dad's sock draw. Disturbing it seeing someone get shot in the head. Disturbing is finding your dog after he got hit by a car. Super Jew is not disturbing.

Censored

Reaction score
I suppose it's all how you look at it. Pendulums swing and standards change. Maybe at some point, saying that Chanukah is not a real holiday and Jews are delusional to think so will become acceptable. Maybe saying that Jews have a purpose in this world, implying that such a thing was ever in question to begin with, will also be okay. And perhaps identifying people by their religion or nationality in a patronizing manner will also be deemed acceptable by everyone someday. But, for the time being, there are probably many who will look at that page and find it objectionable. It may have been created by someone who was Jewish, but it still stands out and causes controversy, and that is exactly what it was designed to do.

MWoO

Reaction score
If those things were said seriously I could see your point, but it's humor. It's funny, not true. There is a difference between syaing something to be funny and saying osmething to be mean and hurtful. You seem WAY too sensative and with no humor.

Like I said it's like a roast, Insulting someone at a roast is funny as it is done in a good nature. Saying the same kind of comments to someone and meaning it is hurful and wrong. Try to recognize the difference between humor and what is truly disturbing.

Censored

Reaction score
MWoO said:
If those things were said seriously I could see your point, but it's humor. It's funny, not true. There is a difference between syaing something to be funny and saying osmething to be mean and hurtful. You seem WAY too sensative and with no humor.

Like I said it's like a roast, Insulting someone at a roast is funny as it is done in a good nature. Saying the same kind of comments to someone and meaning it is hurful and wrong. Try to recognize the difference between humor and what is truly disturbing.

What do you mean I have no sense of humor? I talk to you, don't I? :wink: Just kidding.

Anyway, you've changed your tune slightly. First you said there was nothing insulting about it at all, now you concede that it is insulting, but it's okay because it's done in humor. Well, I've got news for you, people often say what they really mean when using humor and what is funny to one can often be hurtful to another. A roast only insults an individual (who chooses to be insulted), not a whole group of people who never asked to be.

Believe it or not, there is actually such a thing as comedy that is done in good taste.

Censored

Reaction score
MWoO said:
Disturbing is finding naked pictures of your mom in dad's sock draw.

By the way, what's so disturbing about dad having naked pictures of mom? Dads are supposed to be at least somewhat attracted to moms, and it's a good thing otherwise none of us would be here right now. :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
GeeBee said:
By the way, what's so disturbing about dad having naked pictures of mom? Dads are supposed to be at least somewhat attracted to moms, and it's a good thing otherwise none of us would be here right now. :smile:
That reminds me of how my mom is always talking about one of the joys of being married is getting to see your spouse naked, and that she tells me "when you're married, you'll jump for joy seeing your wife naked".

I just hope my wife is Kathy Greenwood... did I just say that out loud?

MWoO

Reaction score
GeeBee said:
What do you mean I have no sense of humor? I talk to you, don't I? :wink: Just kidding.

Anyway, you've changed your tune slightly. First you said there was nothing insulting about it at all, now you concede that it is insulting, but it's okay because it's done in humor. Well, I've got news for you, people often say what they really mean when using humor and what is funny to one can often be hurtful to another. A roast only insults an individual (who chooses to be insulted), not a whole group of people who never asked to be.

Believe it or not, there is actually such a thing as comedy that is done in good taste.
The fact it is used in humor makes it not insulting. And I still don't think it is insulting to begin with, but apprently you do.

If you see naked pictures of your mom and don't get weirded out...you got issues.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
MWoO said:
If you see naked pictures of your mom and don't get weirded out...you got issues.
I've got issues, and I don't even have to look at naked pictures of my mom.

Okay, this thread has really turned even more disturbing than the subject of the disturbance...

Censored

Reaction score
MWoO said:
The fact it is used in humor makes it not insulting. And I still don't think it is insulting to begin with, but apprently you do.

And if you can't accept that your dad might have a naked picture of your mom somewhere, you've got bigger issues, pal.

Of course, we're not really insulting one another tonight because we're saying it all with humor; just like a roast. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.