What SST toys did YOU have as a kid?

fatblue

Reaction score
It can be anything: books, records, puppets, etc.

I had a a rubber Bert hand puppet, with the little plastic stick to wave his arm.

Also, the Sesame Street Book of People Places and Things

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I had alot of SS things.

-A "Night Night" Ernie doll. He had these pajamas and you could pull down this flap in the back to reveal a little orange behind. Kid you not!

-Rubber Ducky, an actual one made to look like Ernie's

-A Baby Grover stuffed toy, I took off the bonnet and diaper though because I wanted him to look like real Grover.

-TONS of SS books, I can't even remember them all. My favorites were one with Grover and the Everything in the Entire World Museum and a book with Herry Monster called "My Doll is Lost"

-a set of dolls someone had made. They included Oscar, Big Bird, Ernie, Bert and Cookie Monster. Big Bird's beak squeeked, it was weird.

That's all I can remember for now! I know there was more! :smile:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I had TONS of plastic PVC Sesame figs, and tons of books too.

Big Bird Fan

Reaction score
I had a ton of stuff as well. The only thing I don't have anymore is the 123 Sesame Street House (Different from the one mentioned above.) There is a video of me playing with it at least.

Monster at the end of this book, a variety of records, figures, a small blue chair from the play set, a small cardboard box of Bert's Oatmeal, a small cardboard box of Cookie mix. (It was the type of thing you'd find in one of those kids cooking sets.) 1992 Great Outdoors calender.

There might be more, but I can't think of any at the moment. I'm just grateful my mom kept so much stuff.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I didn't think I had that many until I looked at a few old photos recently, I made the SW very wealthy indeed!

Live size Cookie Monster chair

Talking Big Bird doll with pull cord (don't remember what he said unfortunately, but I do remember when he stopped working!)

Fold out Sesame Street House playset (A little different from that Fisher Price one but same idea)

Sesame Street bus toy chest

Bert and Ernie foot stool and toothbrush

Several actions figures and books (Muppet show and Sesame Street), very few of which survived :cry:

Baby Fozzie Halloween costume

Muppet Babies color forms (remember color forms?!)

Several audio tapes which came with books

Albums: Sesame Street Christmas Sing Along, Born to Add, Rocky Mountain Holiday

Video Tapes: Adventures of Super Grover, City Worm and Country Worm, Big Bird Brings Spring to Sesame Street, Great Cookie Thief, I Want to go Home, The Frog Prince, Hey Cinderella!, Musicians of Bremen

That's all I can think of at the moment...

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
I had dozens of Sesame Street records, but I can't recall which ones I had.

I also had the 123 Sesame Street Fisher Price playset(the same one mentioned above) with the same figures. I also had the Sesame Street Fisher Price Clubhouse which I suppose was a complement to the 123 set.

Can't think of any other Sesame Street stuff, but I recall my little sister had the talking Big Bird doll(similar to the Teddy Ruxpin dolls around at the same time).

Cookie fan

Reaction score
I can't remember the name of the cassette but it featured muppets singing or having skits on the alphabet. There were muppets such as Herbert Birdsfoot, Sherlock Hemlock and Grover singing "Two G's" and a funny song about the letter Q. I had it until the tape stretched.

Chris Gawley

Reaction score
I had an Ernie & a Count handpuppet, my cousin had Bert & Roosevelt Franklin!

Son of Enik

Reaction score
I too had the Fisher Price 123 Sesame playset, as well as various records and cassettes, the plastic Ernie puppet, a felt Bert puppet...all of which I still have. About 2 years ago, my sister gave me a bunch of dolls and toys my niece didn't want anymore, including the original Tickle Me Elmo, Sleep and Snore Ernie and others.
That's my collection along with the CD's that have come out within the last 20 years or so.