Do you remember THESE live-action tunes?

mikealan

Reaction score
Hey, Muppet fans, do you remember these live-action tunes that were stuck in my head when I found them on the Sesame Street Lyric Archive?

They were...

1) I HAVE A CHAIR-it featured a boy riding on his wheelchair. The end I remembered is where he flies a kite and then he rides back home. It played sad music to me. I saw that on the episode that featured the numberal pinball machine, the number "12" version and Herry's family song.

2) I'M A HARD WORKIN' DOG-Shown on the video "Sing, Hoot & Howl". The video version has cut the beginning off, and the TV version is like the whole song. It featured a dog and a herd of cows. When I was little, it was played on the episode that featured Ernie checking Bert's nose in his doctor suit, the Nobody "10" computer animation and a Muppet shark singing "Perfectly Pearl White Teeth", and before that, a live man and a live woman took off their hats, hairs, etc. Freaky!

3) IT'S A LONG, HARD CLIMB-Featured a small green tree frog struggling the way to the top of the tree branch. It played very sad music as the Joe Raposo-like voice sings this song. It was kind of upsetting and at the end, a tree frog looks us at the camera and winks its eye was scary! I saw that on a couple of episodes, one that is right before Grover teaching us a lesson about "One Way", second, the song is shown on the Joe Raposo special, the third one is right after the "Twelve Balls In the Desert" claymation, and the fourth one is right before "Say the Word" game show.

4) LOOK A LITTLE CLOSER-it taught us to look at any vechicle or an animal a little close and then it reveals what it was. I remembered seeing the truck version on the episode that features Cookie Monster singing "Me Lost Me Cookie At the Disco", Bert and Ernie singing "La La La", the L-Lake cartoon where a bare-footed man yells, "What a lovely looking lake!", the B-Butterfly cartoon where a hunter with his own funny voice struggles the way to catch a butterfly and caught himself, a cartoon where a spider tries to make his own web, "Paddle My Way To You", "The Sound Of Music", a Monsterpiece Theatre production and a classic Bert & Ernie skit where Ernie carrys an umbrella, a flashlight and a bowling ball to this tub, then Bert comes into Ernie's bathroom and thinks Ernie's silly, then it begins to rain in the bathroom. Do you think that it is now shown on Unpaved on NOGGIN?

5) PADDLE MY WAY TO YOU-a live-action tune with a boy playing with a dog in the lake. I remembered seeing it many times. It was shown on the episode that featured "Look A Little Closer" and the other episode with Placido Flamingo and the Caveman Days episode where Bert and Ernie (dressed as cavemen) waiting for the "DON'T WALK" sign to change to "WALK" sign, so they can go to school.

If you know them, please let me know!

Drtooth

Reaction score
With the exception of the 4th one, I remember all of them, and I have to say Hard Working Dog and Paddle my way to you were my favorites.

Does anyone remember Garbage man Blues?

Got to compact it,
Compress it,
Recycle,
make less of it...

Man, I remember this stuff! Not too well, but I can.

ssetta

Reaction score
Wow, that's amazing!

How in the world do you remember all that information?? You must have a really good memory!!

And, yes, I do remember Garbageman's Blues. I remember it was on a very music-heavy episode. It had a song about "Feelings" sung by a cowboy, some guys doing break-dancing with the number 4, the song "Four Lambs Together", "Wet Paint" by How Now Brown & The Moo Wave", "The Celery Bunch", "La La La" with Bert & Ernie, "Shapes In My Room" with Telly, "Rubber Duckie", "10 Commandments of Health", "Bo Knows Bo Diddly", and "Martian Family Song". "Garbageman's Blues" appeared right after an animation about the spanish word "amor", with an opera singer as the voice over, and before something called "Skydive Sal Helicopter 10-0". This episode, #3164, is shown on 123 Sesame Street from Season 25, but unfortunately, Noggin edited "Garbageman's Blues" out.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
live action

I remember the chair one! That was so sweet. I still remember the music :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
la

At the Museum of Television and Radio I saw some live segments I'd forgotten all about like kids teaching how to build sand castles and this little boy who likes sports and dance classes.

Lenny

Reaction score
Anyone remember the little kid in a snow hat riding around on a merry-go-round with a song playing that went "All by myself..." and at the end of the piece, the lyrics said "Well, why not? I do it a lot?" It was a slower tune but not in a downbeat way. My mom used to tell me that little kid looked like me.

Rich

bethelma

Reaction score
I have been thinking about the "caveman days" for ever (well since I was 10). Have you found this episode or know where I might find it? I remember laughing hysterically as a child to this skit. Please let me know. Thanks! Sara

SesameMike

Reaction score
Trying

How about the song "Trying".

"Trying, and trying again
to walk, or run, or climb
Trying, and trying again
It really takes such time

Chicks in their shells, trying to get free
Seeds trying to grow, to be a tree."

The accompanying video showed an assortment of animals engaged in some kind of effort. One particularly long scene showed a (box?) turtle on his back, making repeated efforts to turn himself upright. He did eventually!
-------------
Another song I remember well was "Eating". They showed a number of animals dining on their preferred form of food.

"Eating is important in a very special way.
You must eat very carefully, so you get bigger every day."

Upon showing a bird, the line was "...with wings quite good for flying"

The final scene showed some animal with its mouth wide open (hippo?), and an "aahhhhhhhhh" sound (short-a sound) was heard over the music.

HarveyK

Reaction score
How about everybody sleeps?

There is another one about a woman, possibly hispanic dressing a baby. Any clues what that song was?
Did trying and trying again have a turtle clip in it?

HarveyK

Reaction score
Duh

Sorry, turtle was already mentioned.
So many of these clips are on my kids' videos. What will I do when they outgrow them and I can't get in my daily fix?