Rip Johnny Hart

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
I care! I'll miss him very much.:frown: At least we know where he's at right know.:smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Just to share, I always appreciated the Christian undertones to some of his comics, and on my fridge is a comic strip from September 29, 2002, which I enjoy reading when I feel a little down or lonely.

It is Wiley, I believe, who is writing a poem and it goes:

When nobody seems to love you and trouble's everywhere.
When skies turn dark above you and joy turns to dispair.
When everything just falls apart and no one seems to care.

Jus' look down deep inside your heart, and know, that God is there.

He's a talent that I'm sure we'll all be able to agree will be missed.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah, I read his comics when ever I read the funny's page. It's real sad that he passed.

evilhopscotch

Reaction score
I loved BC growing up mostly because my dad had a huge stash of old BC paperback books that I would steal periodically to read. Most of the humor went way over my head when I was young, but now that I'm older I GET it.

It was just such an INTELLIGENT strip, you know? There are some strips that are just slapstick, and then there are the ones that make you THINK. His was the latter, most of the time.

One of my favorite storylines is where all of the characters are trying to come up with a name for the thing in their chests that keeps them alive, and Clumsy says "Hey!! Why don't we call it a 'Hart'?" Then everyone calls him a brownnoser :smile:

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
One of my favorites is the one where one character (don't know his name) was saying how he disliked the term "Good Friday" because Jesus died that day.
Then another character asks him "If you were going to be hanged on that day and he volunteered to take your place, how would you feel?"
"Good"
"Have a Nice Day."

sesameguy

Reaction score
I loved BC growing up mostly because my dad had a huge stash of old BC paperback books that I would steal periodically to read. Most of the humor went way over my head when I was young, but now that I'm older I GET it.

One of my favorite storylines is where all of the characters are trying to come up with a name for the thing in their chests that keeps them alive, and Clumsy says "Hey!! Why don't we call it a 'Hart'?" Then everyone calls him a brownnoser :smile:
That's hillarious! :smile: Thanks for sharing that one. I also was lucky enough to read some of the B.C. paperbacks when I was younger. I remember enjoying the strip very much & I still try to read it whenever I get to read the funnies. Johnny Hart was a great talent, and until we see him again, he will be missed. Sadly, it's hard to find B.C. paperbacks today. Perhaps this tragedy will increase demand for more reprints of his classic strips. We'll see.

sesameguy

Reaction score
One of my favorites is the one where one character (don't know his name) was saying how he disliked the term "Good Friday" because Jesus died that day.
Then another character asks him "If you were going to be hanged on that day and he volunteered to take your place, how would you feel?"
"Good"
"Have a Nice Day."
Another cool strip! :smile: Thanks for sharing that one.

Say, does anybody remember the B.C. Thanksgiving and Christmas TV specials? They're pretty old now, but I remember the Thanksgiving one was shown in the 1970s and the Christmas one in the late 80s, I think.