Return to Oz

lael

Reaction score
He did Hoggle? I had no idea. I wonder what he sound like in real life.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Whoa, hold the phone. Return to Oz is on DVD?
Yuppers.

Since the dawn of DVD, Return to Oz has been released twice now.

The first DVD edition came out around 1999. It was on the Anchor Bay label, and contained an interview with Fairuza Balk (Dorothy), TV spots, and the original trailer. This version is currently out of print.

The version that's available now is on the Disney/Buena Vista label. Doing a little research, I see it seems to have the same extras as the Anchor Bay release.

lael

Reaction score
I like Fairuza Balk. I thought she was great in The Island Of Dr. Moreau, American History X & The Craft.

lael

Reaction score
Now I have to actively look for this. The oddest role I've seen her in was in some period flick with what's his name... the bully in Bully... Nick Stahl. I've seen her in a few Lifetime Movies playing the troubled daughter and a homeless girl. nevermind. strike that, I'm thinking of Thora Birch on the last one.

Was this also a cartoon? I remember having the coloring book. maybe that's what I'm thinking of. who knows.

MJTaylor

Reaction score
I remember Return To Oz. I must have seen it 5 times now. I must say, I had no idea Margaret Hamilton played Aunty Em in this picture, although I knew she was the Wicked Witch of the West in the 1939 picture.
On a sad note, Margaret died the same year Return To Oz was released.