Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie

MikeWatt

Reaction score
Hey all,

Just wanted to let everyone know that I got the chance to check out the movie last night at a screening in New York and this one is a definite keeper. It has a real Muppet Movie feel to it, plus some of your old favorites are back - Janice, Scooter (in a pretty "beefy" cameo) - with a lot of familiar faces as well (including an appearance of The Boss Men!).

It looks terrific as well. It was shot digitally and the detail is remarkable. This is definitely a lot of fun.

(If anyone wants to check out the piece I did on the movie - more of an alert than a review, then hit www.pittsburghpulp.com sometime over the next few days - not sure when the site will be updated.)

I think everyone will be very happy.

Mike

King Prawn

Reaction score
Great Review
One of the longest i've read so far.

MikeWatt

Reaction score
I've been wanting to post for some time, actually. I spent the last six months or so working with the Henson company through Cinefantastique Magazine, interviewing Dave Goelz, Jerry Nelson, and Karen Prell. I've been having the time of my life and the new movie was just the icing for me!

Mike

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Mike-

I would have to say that is the best review I've read yet! It captures the essence of what the special is about rather than just the plot structure. Good job! Hope to be reading more stuff from you in the future. :smile:

Gonzo

Reaction score
Looks wunderbar, Mike--I can't wait to see this, and you just whetted my appetite a bit more!

Hmmmm....never mind.

But I'm excited to see it. Just seeing Scooter flash by in the commercial was refreshing. Hoping this is good...I'm much more excited for this than I was for Muppets From Space. And we're not even bringing up Kermit's Swamp Years.

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnn

sidcrowe

Reaction score
I've got my hopes, up, guys :smile:

Hours away, now!

EmmyMik

Reaction score
I am very, very, very, very, very, very, very excited.

I have to work tomorrow (and the Air Force Museum is SWAMPED the day after Thanksgiving. Oh joy of joys), so the Christmas movie is like the carrot dangling in front of my face. Only I don't like carrots all that much. Maybe it's like a muffin.

Anyway, I hope and pray that this movie doesn't make Swamp Years look like a stroke of genius...

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Mike,

Will there be an interview with them soon in CFQ (or is there one just past)?

MikeWatt

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone. As of this writing, there should be about four articles in the upcoming January CFQ, three interviews and an overview of the Muppet Show. Things could change, of course, but that's the information I have on hand right now. I appreciate all the feedback and hope this marks good things for the Muppets in the future!

Mike