Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
man, the muppets really changed. i mean, they have that pig that's obviousley gay (he says "Nice tush" to Kermit!).

i also actually thought that punk club was pretty cool, but i prefer the muppet theatre. (well, i'd prefer the muppet theater of THAT club. actually ive never been to a club at all).

I'm glad Scooter had a bigger part in the movie, but Rowlf NEVER said a word. but still it was a great movie.

btw, what was with Sam's hair?

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Thought the film was BRILLIANT. I think that without a doubt the Muppets really shone in this special. Hands down it was the best thing I have seen in years on the Muppets.

The Sam hair was a joke. When asked if they would cut their salaries, Sam said "What about my Propecia treatments?" See, he's bald, and he was trying to regrow some hair.

Leave it to the bald guy to get the bald joke!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I got that joke! I cracket up each time they showed him with that mop on his head. LOL!

the_great_gonzo

Reaction score
I also noticed some...uh...strange behavior in this fantastic movie such as...

-The relationship between Pepe (Pee-Pee :smile:) and Rachel
-Scooter gyrating in a cage.
-Animal funnel-chugging
-Johnny serving shots to Rachel
-Pepe saying "sucks"

But hey they promised edgy, they delivered edgy. It was still excellent.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
At last, the Muppets have come back to network TV! :smile:

I thought this was a brilliant movie and a very, very big step in the right direction. Eric Jacobson was great as Piggy (though I still miss Frank Oz as Fozzie) and I loved the little touches - Bean carrying out Piggy's luggage, the use of the giant puppets (what are those called?) in the "Cirque" production number, and especially the Doc Hopper reference.

The only thing that made me go "huh?" was the snowman. Did that get edited down or something? It seemed unnecessary and out of place. I also think it would have been great to have Steve Irwin actually chasing Fozzie instead of someone spoofing Steve Irwin, but I am quibbling over minor things.

Overall it's a thumbs up! :cool:

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
So that was Sam's real hair? I just thought it was a cheap toupee :wink:

Absolutely loved the special. Erik Jacobsen (or whatever his name is or however you spell it) did an excellent job with Frank's characters; his Piggy and Fozzie were most of the time spot-on (Sam sounded a little strange, though). Brian did an excellent job with Scooter and Janice (if he did indeed do Janice). Janice's voice was just a touch deeper than what we're used to. In the same respect Scooter's was a tad higher in places. And he's back in the yellow turtleneck and green jacket! But hopefully this won't be the last we see and hear of these two (although I hope it's the last we see of Scooter cage dancing; I had about the same reaction Kermit did!).

And finally, I just have to say this: I cracked up when Kermit asked Daniel if he was from one of those Muppet fansites (I forget the exact line). Did anyone else think it was funny?

the use of the giant puppets (what are those called?) in the "Cirque" production number,
The Bossmen! They had red and green Bossmen! I said that out loud while I was watching it in the kitchen, and my mother looked at me like, "Huh?"

-Kim

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Oh. And where was the Swedish Chef? Did I miss him or something? Just wondering.

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
Oh. And where was the Swedish Chef? Did I miss him or something? Just wondering.
He was there. I can't remember where, but he was there...

the_great_gonzo

Reaction score
Swedish Chef was in the part where Kermit was talking to all the Muppets about what they can do to save the theater. He just says a couple of things though.

Joe

Reaction score
Originally posted by Skeeter Muppet
And finally, I just have to say this: I cracked up when Kermit asked Daniel if he was from one of those Muppet fansites (I forget the exact line). Did anyone else think it was funny?
lol, I'm watching it now(had to work, taped it) all I could think of was you guys. :smile:

Ok, who leaked the info that kermit lost the theatre?? :stick_out_tongue:

and the grinch take-off was just great!

it's back on!

(I'm Gonzo and this is Amy the dancing brick :smile: )
Joe