Old School Volume 2 coming November 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I got my copy at Wal-Mart today. Really nice that they're breaking the law by putting the set out a week early lol. I'll post contents here soon... and If Phillip will allow me (I sent an email but never got a reply) I'll post a review as well
That's great! It would be good for you to look at the pages for these episodes on Muppet Wiki, as refference to what segments were cut from Noggin's broadcasts, and also to see if anything is cut from this release.

gbrobeck

Reaction score
All your questions will be answered in the review which should be on this site sometime this weekend. Watch for it!

Greg

minor muppetz

Reaction score
You are lucky. Last year, you got an early copy because you are a freelance reviewer, and now you find a copy a few days before it is supposed to be released. It's a shame that my local Wal-Mart didn't have any copies this early.

I was looking at the sketch listing and thought it was strange that Cookie Monster appears to only be in two of the bonus sketches (it's possible that he's in some of the ones that I am not very familiar with), but then I was thinking, and realised that Cookie Monster only appears in three bonus segments on the first set.

Grover

Reaction score
Once again Sesame Workshop has done an excellent compiling for the classic clips this time. I'm very satisfied with the collection of clips mainly because most of the sketches are rarely seen. There is a nice balance of characters unlike the last set we have plenty of segments featuring - Kermit the Frog, Ernie and Bert, Grover, and Cookie Monster.

Sesame Street Old School Volume: 2 takes us to a time where the educators were trying to teach opposites, emotions, letters and numbers and much much more with neat characters such as Guy Smiley, Roosevelt Frankin, and Don Music. Jim Henson, Frank Oz, Jerry Nelson, and Richard Hunt had a lot of energy taping these segments generations adore now, and it shows. Sam Pottle, Chris Cerf, and Joe Raposo wrote songs with a taste of the the seventies and the songs are - The Subway, Telephone Rock, Exit! Cookie Disco, and many more.

I am gonna have terrific time watch Sesame Street Old School Volume 2: 1969 -1974 next Friday. It will be tremendous amounts of fun watching David, Bob, Mr. Hooper, Gordon, Maria, Ernie and Bert, Kermit the Frog, and a cast of others. GBrobeck I can't tell you how I am looking forward to your excellent and detailed review of the set. :smile: :stick_out_tongue: :frown:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Everyone can expect the Old School review on the site Monday evening. It will be a must read.

Amazon has now reduced the price too at 32% off with free shipping. The price will probably go up a week or so after the release so this is a good time to order and help support MC in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.