1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Old School Volume 2 coming November 6

Discussion in 'Sesame Merchandise' started by Phillip, Aug 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Old School Volume 2 was just officially listed on Amazon with a street date of Tuesday November 6. We should be hearing more about the discs contents soon.

Since most all of us will be getting Sesame Street Old School Volume 2: 1974-1979 if you order the release from Amazon using the link above, a small portion of your order will go to Muppet Central to help keep the site, forum and radio running smoothly. It's a great way to help MC and get a great price on the DVD set with free shipping.
  2. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

3. zns

zns Active Member

That sounds fantabulous. Thanks Phil.
  4. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

I can't wait!
  5. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

I read somewhere that the original Rubber Duckie song will be on this one. I mean on the pilot it says that the original Rubber Duckie is to be on that first test episode. That's all i was referring too.
  6. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I have also read that it's on at least one of the test pilots, but I am not sure which one. But it's not on the first test pilot.
  7. minor muppetz

Me so excited about this set. And 57 bonus sketches? Yummy! Errr, I mean, wonderful!

Here's my hopes for the bonus segments (seasons are guesses):

Season 6:
    • Some of Us Are Here
    • Telephone Rock
    • The Royal Smart Person invents the toothbrush
    • The Count and Ingrid count to 20
    • two animated segments from this season
    • Starfish
    • The Geefle and the Gonk
    • The Pink Panther: K
    • Headball
    • We All Sing with the Same Voice
    • Season 6 Closing Credits Crawl

Season 7:
    • Grover gives Kermit ears
    • The Cookie Bunny
    • a Billy Jo Jive sketch
    • a film segment from this season
    • an orange sings "Carmen"
    • The Anything-in-the-Whole-Wide-World Prize Game
    • The Count and Cookie Monster count apples
    • Season 7 Closing Credits Crawl

Season 8:
    • Yellowstone Park
    • Bert teaches Berniece how to play checkers
    • Big Round Nose
    • Proud of Me
    • Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard
    • a Twiddlebugs sketch
    • Disco D
    • Near and Far with Grover
    • three animated segments from this season
    • something with Fonzie (it's already been announced that Henry Winkler will appear on this set)
    • I Want a Monster to Be My Friend
    • Big Bird and Snuffy imagine being at a disco
    • Season 8 Closing Credits Crawl

Season 9:
    • One and One Make Two
    • M-Madeline
    • That Furry Blue Mommy of Mine
    • five cartoons from this season
    • two films from this season
    • Grover the waiter: poetic memory
    • Bert tries to give Brad a bath
    • Season 9 Closing Credits Crawl

Season 10:
    • The Count counts honks
    • Mystery Guest
    • the first Two-Headed Monster sketch
    • four animated segments from this season
    • The Cursed Prince
    • Season 10 Closing Credits Crawl
  8. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

I got that information direct from Sesame Workshop.

"Telephone Rock" was included as part of a listing of features in one of their official product descriptions released for the set (it was tossed in one of those lists of things along with stuff like "the first episode featuring Roscoe Orman as Gordon", "What's the Name of That Song?", "Guy Smiley", "Biff and Sully" and "Pinball Number Count"). It comes from an official source that is well backed (however like we saw with volume 1, some things listed and promoted as part of the set could always be dropped at the minute - i.e. Mahna Mahna and Pinball Number Count).
  9. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Hey GW is the original Rubber Duckie song in this one or not?
  10. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

I don't know, sorry. We’ll just have to wait and see if any more information is released (or wait for someone to get their hands on the set and report back). I do have some inquries out to folks at Sesame, but I don't know if they will even know what I want to know. I'll keep you posted.
  11. Gordon Universe

Gordon Universe New Member

crossing my fingers for "different people, different ways"
  12. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Thanks GW.
  13. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

wow! great news on SS Vol 2. cant wait to get my hands on it. :)
  14. Medbe Monster

Medbe Monster New Member

I can't wait to get it either!
  15. minor muppetz

If the first test show is included, then the sketch with Ernie talking about what body parts he has two of will be included twice, as it was in the first test show and episode 666. I don't know if this was included in any of the other test shows, but if I was in charge of these Old School sets then the test shows would be released in production order.

It is a bit ironic that the first test show was recently sold on ebay, and somebody purchased it and then posted a sketch listing on Muppet Wiki, only for us to be getting this soon, while I believe that none of us have any of the other test shows (if any of us did, then I'm sure that Muppet Wiki would have pages for more test shows).
  16. Kiki

Kiki Active Member

I'm so happy to hear SS Old School volume two is coming out soon! This is fantastic news... oh I cannot w-a-i-t! :excited:
  17. travellingpat

travellingpat Active Member

Wow sounds awesome! Sweettttttt
  18. Big Bird Fan

Big Bird Fan Member

I can't believe no one has mentioned being excited about the collectible animation cell from "Pinball Number Count". I'm sure psyched about that. :D
  19. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I agree. That just is too cool. I hope further collections come with cool stuff like that as well.

I will admit, if they don't have the Star Wars stuff on here, I'll be a little bummed.
  20. Boober_Gorg

Boober_Gorg Active Member

Those episodes are from Season 11, not Seasons 6-10.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.