1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Old School Volume 2 coming November 6

Discussion in 'Sesame Merchandise' started by Phillip, Aug 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

OH.... Okay then... next set. Next set if they're not on it, I'll be bummed.
  2. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf New Member

This is great news! I have to say, even though I knew there'd be a volume 2 on the way, I didn't expect it to arrive so soon after volume one. Not that I'm complaining, mind you!

I hope "On The Subway" will be somewhere on this collection.

Episode #666? :eek: I wonder if that one was actually aired! :)
  3. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Well, we've got three more weeks until the release. Does anybody remember how many weeks in advance it was when we first got a review of the first set (I think it was two weeks)? Could anybody here have a pre-release copy for review yet?
  4. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

Yes, that was the Season 6 premiere--the episode with the Count hanging around on Sesame Street, counting city lights as they went on in the morning and off at night. I have a lot of clips from #666 over on YouTube, if you want to see them. ;)

To bring this back on topic: I'm sure that if Volume 2 has the Season 6-10 premieres on it, you'll be able to see the parts of Episode 666 that Noggin edited out. I'm pretty curious about what they cut, myself...
  5. bigjeffy

bigjeffy New Member

One more month till it comes out!:crazy:
  6. Mr Devco

Mr Devco New Member

I just checked out vol 1 from the library. I plan on making a list of which ones i remember.
  7. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

YIPPY! :excited: its almost time for SESAME OLD SCHOOL VOL.2 to come out! I hope theres more classic Kermie :) clips! Tho I'm sure there will be.
  8. Hilleyb

Hilleyb New Member

9. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

this looks really cool i cant wait.
  10. zns

zns Well-Known Member

I will definately be adding this to my Christmas list this year. :) :excited: ;)
  11. minor muppetz

Finally, though I couldn't get it to play on my computer. What are some of the bonus clips shown?

We have just three more weeks. Where are the early reviews?
  12. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

What program do I need to play the previews? I checked the link, but couldn't see them... :-(
  13. Mr Devco

Mr Devco New Member

the copy of vol 1 i got from the library had a synch problem
  14. Taco Monster

Taco Monster Member

- "Telephone Rock"
    - Alphabet with Richard Pryor
    - 1-2-3 ball film
    - "Jack Be Nimble" News Flash
    - Pinball Number Count
    - Paul Simon performing "Me and Julio Down By The Schoolyard"
    - A clip with Henry "Fonz" Winkler
    - "Sing After Me" with Madeline Kahn and Grover
    - "The Subway" song

I know "Telephone Rock" and the Pinball Number Count are featured in the episodes, but I believe the rest would be bonus clips, unless Noggin edited some of these out. FWIW, the ball film is from 1970 according to Muppet Wiki.
  15. minor muppetz

Actually, I don't think Telephone Rock is in any of the epsiodes. I've looked at the Mupet Wiki pages on these episodes, and don't recall seeing it in any of the episodes (unless Noggin edited it out of one of the episodes). I think The Subway sketch is from the fifth season (according to the Muppet Wiki page, the song is copyright 1974, but I forget what the earliest-known appearance is).

I wonder which version of the number three ball film wil be included.
  16. Muppet dude

Muppet dude Active Member

Finally, there will be the full Telephone Rock on DVD. And it's nice to see an uncut News Flash that ISN'T going to be one already released on the "Big Bird's Story Time" video (like the "Rapunzel" and "Humpty Dumpty" skits).
  17. Taco Monster

Taco Monster Member

Okay, I got a little mixed up. "Telephone Rock" is in the season 11 premiere. My mistake.
  18. minor muppetz

Well, we have two more weeks until the release. I hope that more info gets announced before then. I remember last year, shortly before the release of the first one, Sesame Workshop's official site had an article about the set, mentioning more segments in the set that weren't previously announced.
  19. minor muppetz

Another thing I thought about. While some of those clips could be bonus clips, and some could be material that was cut on Noggin, it's possible that some of those segments will be replacing other segments that get cut from the release. Just a thought.
  20. Taco Monster

Taco Monster Member

Based on the listings on Muppet Wiki, I don't think we'll have to worry about music clearance problems this time. The only things that will probably change from the broadcast masters are the copyright screens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.