Your Thoughts: Fraggle Rock Season 3

MattFraggle

Reaction score
Ditto on "Bored". I just about fell out of my chair laughing watching Gobo with that glazed expression on his face, muttering "Boooorrrrrring."

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
just got mine i'm onto disc 3 so far so many episodes i've never seen before.
I really liked the episode with the mean genie never saw that one before.
Also really like skinfred I remember that episode scaring me so much as a kid.
I enjoy that this set has easter eggs btw fun little traveling matt clips what are they from exactly? other countires? or are they just extra ones never used here?

Frogster

Reaction score
Wow... what a terrific season set! It was definitely worth all the excitement, and it's great seeing the episodes in the clearest picture possible.

Heralde, I enjoyed your overview of the highlights and episodes in the season set, especially on the notes of "Bored Stiff," "Grapes Of Generosity," and "Believe It Or Not." The only thing I slightly disagree with is how, in the bonus features, they overused clips from "Secret Society Of Poohbahs." I went to watch it, and the only part that they didn't show was when Gobo, Red and Wembley sing "Keep On Smilin," which, to me, is one of their songs that really highlights the show itself.

"Red-Handed" is quite notable because of how Red does her best, in the beginning, to not accuse Mokey. So many of us throughout our lives blame others that we love for things that we think they did, but didn't. This is the one show in the world that really makes me want to be a better person in my world, and this is just one of those reasons.

"Boober & The Glob" is a great episode, and both songs are just so catchy. But the thing I found the most interesting was when Boober and Cotterpin were saying how both Fraggles and Doozers look alike. So much can be said in just that little banter. It's amazing how innocent these people are, and how profound they can be at the same time.

"The Great Radish Caper" is also quite endearing because we see Junior Gorg be the antagonist first, then the protagonist, compared to Mokey (and Boober, too). As Heralde said in "Bored Stiff," the guy's lonely. And I do agree that, if it wasn't for Pa and Ma, and Junior's need to want to over-power another living creature, he'd be pretty cool. But as you will all find out next year, when Season 4 comes out, in "Junior Faces The Music" and "The Gorg Who Would Be King," he's a really great guy, and the Fraggles will see that. He, like all of us, deserve that feeling of self-worth and love. And on a personal note, when I was little, this episode scared me when Junior first caught Mokey. Just... something about that background music, the cans clashing, and Mokey running away... lol.

"Wembley & The Mean Genie," "Believe It Or Not," and "Wembley's Wonderful Whoopie Water" all seem to tell me something... Wembley's really good about finding certain things in the Rock! I mean, he's found the Terrible Tunnel, Crystal Cavern, Blue Rock, the Whoopie Water, the perfect Blue Rollie, and he's met Skinfrith, Genie, Spider Fly, Mudwell, and others. Perhaps it's appropriate to say then that, at the end of the show's run, not only has Wembley proved to be just as good of an explorer as Gobo (even though most of the time it's just been being at the right place at the right time), you could also note that he's probably come the furthest of all the Fraggles. And who can resist that eye-rolling?

"Shrinking Mokey" was also interesting because of how it ends. Mokey really told Begoony how she felt, ending with a "Cut the tears, will you?" Mokey never gets mean, but she's obviously been pushed enough by this rabbit/dog that she feels like she's done all she could, even in the most serious of situations (of course, she was under a spell). Sometimes we all feel like someone needs us too much that it's overwhelming. The episode is kinda dark, but I still loved it. I also loved how Kathy Mullen called her the Fraggles' Mr. Magoo. When you guys watch "Wonder Mountain" next year, you'll know exactly what episode she's truly referring to.

The one thing I'm shocked they didn't overview in the bonus features was "Sprocket's Big Adventure." I'd say Sprocket getting into Fraggle Rock, and meeting Cotterpin, Marjorie, and Junior along the way, is pretty big don't you?

Also... lots of awesome songs! Get Goin, Sweet Little Treat, Chase The Wind, Whoops Feeling Better, I'm Gonna Be A Star, Fun's No Fun At All, and so many more. Music is just another stand-out this season really has.

Frogster

Reaction score
Oh... and I'm not afraid to admit this, but I cried with joy when Gerry Parkes was interviewed. I was like... "Ooooooooooh yay!"

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
"Boober & The Glob" great episode it was one of my favorites as a kid but looking back over the series now it bothers me that Red acted like she had no idea who Cotterpin was.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
"Wembley & The Mean Genie," "Believe It Or Not," and "Wembley's Wonderful Whoopie Water" all seem to tell me something... Wembley's really good about finding certain things in the Rock! I mean, he's found the Terrible Tunnel, Crystal Cavern, Blue Rock, the Whoopie Water, the perfect Blue Rollie, and he's met Skinfrith, Genie, Spider Fly, Mudwell, and others. Perhaps it's appropriate to say then that, at the end of the show's run, not only has Wembley proved to be just as good of an explorer as Gobo (even though most of the time it's just been being at the right place at the right time), you could also note that he's probably come the furthest of all the Fraggles. And who can resist that eye-rolling?
That's a very good point, I hadn't noticed before. Wembley is an explorer in his own right.

Another thing about the "Mean Genie" episode, the whole hand shaking gag was a nice touch. All throughout the episode the Genie keeps tricking and dissing Wembley. So in the end, we know the Genie has really changed when he's willing to shake hands. That's a great story set up. :smile:

Also, you notice when they mention the troubled Genie comes from a "broken bottle." Little euphemism for broken home judging from the way they say it. Again, nice touch.

I still need to see "Begony" but it does sound intriguing. Yes sometimes we need to learn how to be firm, even with people we care about.

I watched both "Pebble Pox" and "Wembley's Whoopie Water" today. The latter reminded me of the Global Warming issue. Some argue that we can't hide a very real threat just for our sole benefit. The former was very relevant for me because I too can also be a bit of a germaphobe. It's something you really need to keep in balance, especially when it comes to loved ones. :smile:

That's true, they really showed a lot of love for the "Poobahs" episode. Anks-thupadad! :wink:

And yes the comparison of Mokey to Mr. Magoo was great, lol. Again, I love the detail we get in this set.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
I’ve finally made my way through most of this set, and I have to say (like everyone else so far) that it’s absolutely wonderful. Everything looks and sounds great, and the bonus features are terrific. Michael Frith’s sketches are the best addition to a Fraggle DVD yet!

HIT continues to do such tremendous work on these season sets. How lucky we are that they are doing the job!

Just like last fall, I think it might be a really nice gesture to send a short note to HIT thanking them for the great Season 3 set, for continuing Fraggle seasons on DVD and to let them know we're all eagerly awaiting an equally great Season 4 set.

HIT Entertainment
Attn: Consumer Relations (Fraggle Rock SEASON SETS)
P.O. Box 9000
Allen, Texas 75013

:smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Thanks for the address! Was there an email contact we could use to?

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Phooey, I still don't have a copy yet. Was gonna buy one from my Wal*Mart, but the dummies aren't carrying it I guess, and it's not on walmart.com either!

I have a gift card with them, otherwise I'd use the link and get one through Amazon & help MC out a little, but low on cash at the moment.

:cry:

I'm glad you all are enjoying yours though! :big_grin:

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
It would be cool if for seasons 4 & 5 they would include Fraggle Bloopers, More backstage Home Movies and the Fraggles Look For Jobs short film! :excited: :smirk:
It would be really lovely if they did a tribute to Richard Hunt for the final season. FR was the last major project Richard worked on, it was where he started his very brief directing career and his last major Henson character (Junior) plays an important part in the ending of the series.

It would also be great if they reunited Philip Balsam and Dennis Lee for an interview where they might discuss their time on FR writing those beautiful songs!