Just thought you all should know

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Geez Beth, that's rough. I'm really sorry. Just keep looking for another job, something with more job security where you will be happy. Such a place actually does exist, and you will find it, fer shure. Changing jobs isn't fun but I have faith things will work out for you. Just keep trying and praying and I will send my best wishes to you. **Huggles** Love you too Beth! Take care of yourself.

Nasha

Reaction score
Hi, I dont really know you or anything but I know what its like to be "stuck" in a dead end job. I hope you find "that" job that your looking for! Just keep your chin up!

-Nasha
Cliche extradionair.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Thanks Marty, Mrs. P and Nasha! I really appreciate the support. I sent my resume in for an interesting sounding job yesterday and I'm just going to keep trying until something happens. Didn't they teach us that on Sesame Street? Try, try and try again? :smile:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Aw, it sounds like you could use a hug Beth!

((((Hugs to you)))

You can never have to many of those! I know things will work out for the best for you. Just try to stay positive.:smile:

Princeton

Reaction score
Well, I can somewhat emphasize what you're going through, Beth. About a year ago, my dad retired from a local fire department after 25 years, but was still able to find part-time work that was closer to home. Well, he had to take some sort of stupid aptitude test that he failed, so he then got suspended from his part-time job. I gave him the same advice then as I'll give to you now (hopefully it won't fall on deaf ears like it did with him): "Every person is born with different interests, and this is a good thing, because that means that, when looking for a job, nobody is relegated to limiting themselves to just one interest. Think of all the things that interest you and see if thjere's a job nearby that lets you use that interest as a way of helping others and yourself". Here's an example. There's a bazillion book/record stores in my area, and those are things that interest me, so those are the kinds of jobs I would want to pursue. My mom hates this attitude of mine, but that's my #1 priority in finding a job: it *has* to be something that is of interest to me.

I hope this helps, somewhat; if all else fails, you could always go back to your tap-dancing studio!:zany: :zany: :zany:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Thanks Prinny. I've got my resume out at a bunch of different places right now so I'm just being patient and hoping something good happens soon!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Well Beth if nothing happens soon, always know that I could use a hired hand around here.

Yes, someone to my homework for me would excellent...

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Nice try Prawnie! That's the part about school I do not miss at all! :smile:

On a side note, if you ever need someone to proofread something, I'm good at that. Email me anytime, I'm serious. :smile:

Quesal

Reaction score
I feel ya! I'm currently stuck as a crew member for Wendy's and I wanna get the heck outta here. I did apply for an office worker job on the campus of the university I go to and I'm awaiting word on whether or not they'll hire me. Whether they do or not, I gotta be patient and keep my chin up.

You should do the same. The best will happen when the time is right.

Patience is a virtue, don't you know.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
This situation is understandable. Everyone has been--or will be--in a position in which they feel that they need to advance in life and their job, relationship, or school is holding them back. All we--and you--really can do is go with the flow and see where life takes you. Just be ready for any and everything, for in the end, I am sure you will end up finding that one place where you are happiest. :big_grin:

*hugs*

And if you just feel like you need some people to talk to, you know where to find us! :smile: