that girl from Sesamstraat

beaker

Reaction score
Re: How do they DO That???

Originally posted by sstVideo
Hence, the South Africans are the ones who decided they needed an HIV Positive Muppet, not the Americans at the Workshop. The Egyptian co-production has a curriculum on girls and women's empowerment. The Israeli/Palestian/Jordanian production has a curriculum of mutual respect and conflict resolution.
Let's face it, Americans would be too close minded to accept any of these foreign Sesame shows...as some foriegn countries would be too close minded to accept the American versions. I mean Miss Piggy and Amazing Mumford are banned in Muslim countries. And ya can bet til the US liberated Afghanistan the Muppets in any form wouldnt be accepted. Thank goodness Michale Frith is bringing his brand of the Muppets to those children. Every child in this world deserves to see a form of the Muppets and Sesame Street. If this world were more like a kindergarten class...heck if people remembered what they learned in kindergarten this world would be a better place. But instead the grownups of this world
force kids into the hate they know; be it in their madrasses, public schools, or non seculair schools.

I think a cirriculum and theme of mutual respect and conflict resolution should be formatted in all the versions...if only people
around the world adhered to this.

Making a regional Sesame specific to a country's needs is interesting. Does this mean were gonna get a Congo or Sierra Leon Sesame that has an 8 year old trained guerrilla killer?
(A huge problem in central Africa is children under 15 recruited in decade long civil wars) Are we gonna have an ebola infected Muppet?

Sadly, regional Muppets arent viewed so nicely outside of their regions. I mean the cover of the new Bizarre(the most upsetting needs to be banned periodical out there) has Kami on the front with the words 'Inside: chemical weapons, civil wars, and AIDS Muppets!' Sad.

So sadly, we live in a world where 1) The need has come for unpleasant regional issues to be addressed in a children's show
2) These shows probably wouldnt be welcomed outside their country.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Cory,

I welcome every version of Sesame Street into my house !

And i try real hard to get the videos too, I have quite a few so far !

See ya

beaker

Reaction score
Re: Cory,

Originally posted by *Warrick*
I welcome every version of Sesame Street into my house !

And i try real hard to get the videos too, I have quite a few so far !

See ya
Hehe, well Warrick your a brave exception to the rule^_^
I mean your site is about Sesames around the world! heh

sstVideo

Reaction score
Re: Re: How do they DO That???

Originally posted by beaker
And ya can bet til the US liberated Afghanistan the Muppets in any form wouldnt be accepted.
If you don't count the fact those pictures of Bert and Osama!

By the way, Sesame Workshop hosted a global summit on mutual respect and understanding, which will be worked into every Sesame show worldwide during the next year.

And yes, it is a Meerkat Muppet in South Africa.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
Let's face it, Americans would be too close minded to accept any of these foreign Sesame shows...as some foriegn countries would be too close minded to accept the American versions. I mean Miss Piggy and Amazing Mumford are banned in Muslim countries. And ya can bet til the US liberated Afghanistan the Muppets in any form wouldnt be accepted. Thank goodness Michale Frith is bringing his brand of the Muppets to those children. Every child in this world deserves to see a form of the Muppets and Sesame Street.

A) I was super afraid of the Hebrew Pinball song.. I'm not closed minded. If you'd here it, you'd understand (Jewish women trying to sound like African American soul singers... eek)

B) What's Wrong with Mumford? I mean, there is quite an understandable bit with miss piggy, but is it illegal to have Peanut butter sandwiches or something? (can't tell you the real joke, pollitically incorrect. Mean!)

C) Well.. humans are violent by nature, some of us evolved more than others. Until we can find a way for people not to spread ange, hate, and the like, there will never be peace (maybe if we evolve into the COneheads or something..) I mean, I'd gladly accept all the versions of Sesame, if they all were'nt PAL except Sesame park and Plaza Sesamo.

Gotta dash. I'll finish tomorrow!

Thijs

Reaction score
Hey Warrick! Great site!

Originally posted by Drtooth

But What I don't under stand is why don't these countries have extra Ernie and Bert and such puppets for them to use in some of the skits? I mean, the point isn't that they're translating Ernie and Bert, but making them Arik and Bentz or Enrique and Beto. In other words, they are like distant cousins of the characters that LIVE in that country. I know that China uses the Same exact Big Bird, but it's supposedly his cousin.

Well, that`s something I don`t understand either. I have to say, I am really a fan of Tommie and Ieniemienie, but it`s frustrating that they ever made Pino, the blue Big Bird.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, I was on the way home last night when I yelled.. OF COURSE!! BLACK MAGIC!!!!!! That's why mumford's banned!!! Oooh Hooo!!! I got it! I got it! I got it!!!

Leat I hope I did.

Piggy, I'd imagine because she's a woman, and she doesn't were a 20 pound sheet of cloth over her...

dcfboss

Reaction score
ms piggy should be banned totally from everywhere.....she is so annoying....no wonder i don't eat any pork.