that girl from Sesamstraat

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker

Anyways, there is so much mystery for me about the non American Sesame Street, as Im not sure if Ive ever seen footage of any of the international Sesame Streets.
Of course, Plaza Sesamo airs on American TV, the Spanish Language station Univision.

The voices are pretty weird. Ernie is okay, Bert sounds too gruff. Oscar and Big Bird (depending on what season it is) sound great. Elmo sounds very whiney, and Telly is also very gruff, sounding close to what he was like in the early Telly Years. Kingstoin Livingston is WAAAAAAAAAAY off, and Little Chrissy is faaaaaaaaar too deep. Kermit is completely wrong, and has a goofy low pitched voice that sounds like a bad Ed Wynn impersonation. Can't recall anyone else.

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
about that website link, one of them just had muppet pictures i was thinking, wow. i've been looking all over for a pic of Buster The Horse!!!

and as for Sesame Park, it rules!!!

Joggy

Reaction score
The girl in that "World of Jim Henson" clip was Lot. Elvan wasn't around back then.

In those days Lot played the "young girl", like how Maria and Gina started out. When she got older she changed her personality to that of a young working woman, and Elvan came to be the puppets' playmate.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Joggy
The girl in that "World of Jim Henson" clip was Lot. Elvan wasn't around back then.

In those days Lot played the "young girl", like how Maria and Gina started out. When she got older she changed her personality to that of a young working woman, and Elvan came to be the puppets' playmate.
Scary tidbit. I thought that Gina was hot when she was first on the show

Thijs

Reaction score
Maybe Ieniemienie`s voice seems irritating when you don`t understand her, but she is a great character. And the voices of the American characters come close to the original, but more important is that the actors gave the characters a personality. In the German version, they are so boring and flat. But I have to say that Samson and Tiffy are good.

Joggy

Reaction score
I'm not often a fan of Dutch dubbing, but I have to agree. Ernie, Bert, Kermit and Grover are nothing like their American voices, but they're characters of their own and I love 'em, especially Bert and Ernie. German voices are awfully boring, but some of the German puppets are wonderful (I LOVE Rumpell, the grouch!)

I have to say I find Ienie's voice a tad annoying. A nice character tho. Tommie, whatcha think of Pino? It took quite a while for the 'female' to grow on me...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Too bad these can't be shown in america.. Pretty interresting.

beaker

Reaction score
Lucking in the NL they only dub for children's shows, as most American things like movies are subtitled. But the French have to be difficult with their SECAM formats and dubbing...and of course Germany dubs everything. What's the point of the Muppets if they dub in the voice acting? Thats what makes em Muppets.

rowlf84

Reaction score
I find all of these foreign Sesame Streets fascinating. I love how they adapt the shows to what's important in that country. Probably a good thing to study for anyone interested in international culture. My question is: how does CTW handle producing in foreign countries? Do they form teams in each country to handle the show?