Your Animal Replica Pictures

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
concerning cross eyed muppets:

Michael Frith explains it all
Thanks for sharing that clip. It's exactly what I've been saying, but maybe now it will be believed coming straight from the mouths of Michael Frith and Jim Henson.

Of course the eyes are not competely or kind of crossed, but (as stated on the clip and in my posts) ever so "slightly" crossed on the Muppets to give them focus. The fact that the pupils aren't placed directly in the center of each orb - but slightly inward to the center of the face - gives the character the illusion of focus. From figures to plush, pvcs to these replicas eye focus is always a difficult feat that needs to be individually hand placed to get it just right. The Henson Triangle. :smile:

Thanks again for the clip. :wink:

doc hopper

Reaction score
is the mouth actually on a hinge? and could you cut a small hole on either side of his mouth (behind the corners) and reattach it? you could sew up a hole without it being very noticeable i think.

good luck man. that sucks!

pinocchio

Reaction score
am i the only one worried that in a few months you'll all be posting how you've managed to carve new noses for your gonzo replicas

now THAT really will be a mod challange....

pinocchio

Reaction score
Great job Labrat (as always) and to all of you guy who have been brave enough to mod your animals to make them so spot on. I can’t think of any other field where top level collectors would be willing to shell out big bucks to limited edition collectables only to tear bit’s out, glue bits on and set to work with their marker pens just to make their purchase even more perfect LOL

I’ve not purchased an animal (simply because he used to scare me half to death every time he appeared on screen during my childhood 25 years ago)

I’ve also put off buying a Kermit for a very long time because as a fanatical perfectionist I’m really worried he won’t look exactly how I need him to look in may mind. As I’m limited to purchasing him mail order I can’t bear the thought of shelling out loads of cash only to regret it every time I look at him.

I know many of you believe that much of his look is all in the posing but there are a similar number who believe that due to variations in the manufacturing process some of the replicas don’t look correct…. Mainly due to eye placement.

Once again great job to all of you animal modders…. Although he still scares me a little after all these years

goodrastus

Reaction score
Well to be honest, my Kermit and Animal are pretty good. Kermit is fine and my Animal has pupils in the correct cross-eyed position. The only thing really is the eyelid cover. So don't be put off too much.