Tgif

Son of Enik

Reaction score
Remember this one?

Since no one mentioned it...does anyone remember the short-lived "He's The Mayor"? It was on the TGIF lineup for one season in 1984 at 9:30 right after "Mr. Belvedere". The story was that a young black man becomes mayor of Detroit with his best friend serving as his executive assistant. David Graf (Tackleberry from "Police Academy") played a high-ranking official on the show as well and the star (Whose name eludes me at the moment) would rap intermittently throughout the show as a kind of narrative.
Just thought I'd bring it up, like I said, the show only ran for one season but I rather enjoyed it.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Since no one mentioned it...does anyone remember the short-lived "He's The Mayor"? It was on the TGIF lineup for one season in 1984 at 9:30 right after "Mr. Belvedere". The story was that a young black man becomes mayor of Detroit with his best friend serving as his executive assistant. David Graf (Tackleberry from "Police Academy") played a high-ranking official on the show as well and the star (Whose name eludes me at the moment) would rap intermittently throughout the show as a kind of narrative.
Just thought I'd bring it up, like I said, the show only ran for one season but I rather enjoyed it.
1984 you say? TGIF did not begin officially under that name until the 88-89 season. But I don't think I've heard of the show thought. But I'm intrigued...:search: