Tgif

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
It seemed like back in the day on friday nights I would watch the lineup shows on ABC that came on in the late 80's through the 90's.

So what was your favorite TGIF show?

Here's a list:
Perfect Strangers
Just The Ten Of Us
Mr. Belvedere
Full House
Family Matters
Step By Step
Hangin With Mr. Cooper
Dinosaurs
Boy Meets World

Or perhaps a show you like that I failed to list on here?......

Skye

Reaction score
I miss TGIF so much! I always had so much fun watching it every week when I was a kid.

I absolutely adored Perfect Strangers, Family Matters, Boy Meets World, Step By Step, and Full House. And I wasn't sure about the show at first, lol, but I liked watching Dinosaurs, too!

And these are all shows that I still love watching, even now. They're all very funny and cute shows, hehe. And they all bring back such fun memories!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, TGIF was good in the 80's/early 90's... especially Family matters. when they tried to bring it back a few years back, it was a pathetic line up of mangled garbage like "Hope and Faith"

However, I will always have a hateful spot in my soul for TGIF, since ABC didn't give Muppets Tonight the chance it deserved there.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Full House and Perfect Strangers were my favorites. I liked Step by Step and Family Matters as well, but the other two I never missed!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't think I was even paying attention as to what the day was back then.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Wasn't "Step by Step" basically "The Brady Bunch" for the 90s? I didn't watch it much, but didn't Patrick Duffy have kids, and Suzanne Somers have kids, and when they got married, everyone lived under one roof?

Hilarity would sometimes ensue...:smirk:

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
...and "Family Matters" was a spinoff of "Perfect Strangers." The Harriette character worked in the same building as Larry from P.S.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Yeah, "Full House" was one of my favorite shows, never missed it.

I was there when...

Stephanie cut off Uncle Jesse's mullet! Oh, the horror!:eek:

Jesse and Joey went into the advertising jingle business

Jesse's endless girlfriend brigade would parade around the house any given week

Jesse and Becky met, fell in love, dated, married and had twins...I THINK that was the correct sequence of events...

Joey lost on "Star Search." MAJOR trauma!:cry:

Jesse's last name mysteriously changed from "Cochran" to "Katzopolis" with no explanation

Jesse worked for his father as an exterminator, but the boy really wanted to rock and roll!

The Beach Boys would appear like every other week

Michelle accidentally let the classroom bird fly out the window

Steph crashed the car into the kitchen

The gang went to Hawaii...and performed on stage with yes, The Beach Boys

Kimmy Gibler turned "bad girl" for 22 minutes before learning her lesson

Joey confronted his uptight father

Joey performed his endless Popeye and Bullwinkle imitations

Uncle Jesse performed as an Elvis impersonator

Joey got a kid's show...his partner? Mr. Woodchuck, a puppet. "Is that made of...wood?"

Steph took "Buy Now, Pay Later" literally and inadvertently shoplifted

The gang went to Vegas, and Steph hit the jackpot at a slot machine...but due to her age, the family couldn't keep her winnings

And...

I learned such classic catchphrases as
"Have mercy!"
"You got it, dude!"
"You're in big trouble, mister!"
"How rude!"
"Nerdburger with Cheese"
"Cut...it...out!"
"It's not for you, huh?"

Drtooth

Reaction score
Wasn't "Step by Step" basically "The Brady Bunch" for the 90s? I didn't watch it much, but didn't Patrick Duffy have kids, and Suzanne Somers have kids, and when they got married, everyone lived under one roof?

Yeah! I remember. And then there was that big guy who was a character half way towards the end that talked in dude speak that got arrested for beating his wife/girlfreind or something? Tragic. (that's what happens when you watch too much Family Guy)

But I love Perfect Strangers myself. I'm glad it's coming to DVD.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Yeah! I remember. And then there was that big guy who was a character half way towards the end that talked in dude speak that got arrested for beating his wife/girlfreind or something? Tragic. (that's what happens when you watch too much Family Guy)

But I love Perfect Strangers myself. I'm glad it's coming to DVD.
Oh yeah, I remember that big dude! He played one of the girls' boyfriends, I think.

Wow, Perfect Strangers is coming out on DVD? Cool! Balki returns!