Sesame Street Live: When Elmo Grows Up

StarrFilter

Reaction score
the only difference i know of is that elmo was added in the remount. and there were less a/m characters for the people in your neighborhood scene.

SSLFan

Reaction score
the only difference i know of is that elmo was added in the remount. and there were less a/m characters for the people in your neighborhood scene.
lol. Imagine a kid going to see their favorite muppet(Elmo) and find out he doesn't have any lines! lol. If anything, poor Grover really suffered in the 90's. He was an u/s alot.:frown:

Were Grover fans disspointed?

but yeah, snuffy was definitely in both versions.
Ya know something? It seems like every show Snuffy's been in, he only appears just a little bit. He's not seen alot through out the show. For ex, when I saw Let's Be Friends, he was only in the park scene and when the gang went to the circus. He even appeared on the cover of the show program!

The only show that Snuffy was in alot, and had major role, was in Big Bird's Sunny Day Campout. And still, he appeard on the BACK of the show program. Weird isn't it? Well, I just hope Snuffy returns someday. He's still on the tv show.

Oh, and just a few more day's until EGT premires!:excited:

SSLFan

Reaction score
That's funny. I kind of Hate that show. LOL. No offense. I do have the CD. I like the telephone talk song... that's about it. That show was lame. Even the folks at VEE thought so. It's the only new show released since 1990 that hasn't been and will not be revived.
I know I replied to this one already, but, I just have to say that VEE should definately do this show again! But I know why they won't. Because the one they call Elmo isn't in it much. But that's the whole reason why I liked the show!

When I listened to the CD the other day, it seemed EVERYONE spoke more than Elmo.

I also noticed, or just realized rather, that the Cookie Monster, Oscar, Rosita, Grover,Zoe, and Telly performers all played dancing sheep in the "Tap Your Troubles Away" song(i think:big_grin:). With all respects to VEE, that was too many sheep! I would've at least had Cookie and Grover in that scene as well. Looking at some pictures we took, only BB, Snuffy, Ernie, Bert, Elmo and The Count were the only SS muppets on stage.

And another thing, THREE Mr. Noodles? I was so confused by that, lol. Also, I believe Dorthy, Elmo's goldfish, SPOKE! I remember them cutting to a backlight scene that had something to do with fish after that. Man, that was sooo creepy.

I remember when I saw the show, my mom had got us first row! I was terrifyed of those costumes back then, so I was so freaked out before the show would even start. Luckily, Grover was the only muppet who came off the stage, and he didn't even go near where we were sitting!

I have so many mermories of this show. So many I can't type them all!:zany:

I did do my own little review here though:
http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showpost.php?p=674414&postcount=16

Memories, memories....

SSLFan

Reaction score
. That was pretty much the only change from the 97 original version and the 05 remount.
Yeah, but wasn't Big Bird in the 97 one more than he was in the 05 one? And it seemed like the Palettes had different voices back then too. Or maybe I was just thinking that,lol!:big_grin:

Mistoffelees

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but I was curious which characters were considered small, medium, and large? I imagine Elmo is small, and Bert is tall, wondering about the others though

SSLFan

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but I was curious which characters were considered small, medium, and large? I imagine Elmo is small, and Bert is tall, wondering about the others though
Okay, for example, a Honker would be tall, Grover would be medium, and Prairie would be a small. Oh, just to let you know, Bert was NEVER an understudy, F.Y.I.:wink:

Mistoffelees

Reaction score
You misunderstand me....

Okay, for example, a Honker would be tall, Grover would be medium, and Prairie would be a small. Oh, just to let you know, Bert was NEVER an understudy, F.Y.I.:wink:
No I think you misunderstood my question. I wasn't asking which characters are the understudies, but rather which characters do they understudy. To use your above example, who are the small characters that Prairie understudies, who are the medium characters Grover understudies, and who are the tall characters that the Honker understudies? I was asking if Bert was considered a tall character, not whether he was an understudy. Hope this clarifies things. Thanks.

SSLFan

Reaction score
No I think you misunderstood my question. I wasn't asking which characters are the understudies, but rather which characters do they understudy. To use your above example, who are the small characters that Prairie understudies, who are the medium characters Grover understudies, and who are the tall characters that the Honker understudies? I was asking if Bert was considered a tall character, not whether he was an understudy. Hope this clarifies things. Thanks.
Oh, sorry if I misunderstood, lol!

Well, I'm no expert and I'm sure StarrFilter can clear things up, but here are my guesses.I'm using them from the When Elmo Grows Up show.

Tall u/s(Honker for ex.): Big Bird, Bert, Telly, Cookie Monster, Count

Medium u/s(Grungetta): Ernie, Rosita, Grover/Baby Bear, Oscar,

Small u/s(Roxy Marie): Elmo, Zoe, Prairie Dawn, Abby Caddaby,

Well, those are my lucky guesses. Hope that clear things up a bit.:wink:

SSLFan

Reaction score
WOW! Elmo Makes Music is already on the theater circut? That was FAST!