1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Sesame Street Live: When Elmo Grows Up

Discussion in 'Sesame Appearances' started by SSLFan, Jan 26, 2008.

1. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

2. StarrFilter

StarrFilter Member

3. StarrFilter

StarrFilter Member

hahaha. you're right on all of em
  4. StarrFilter

StarrFilter Member

5. StarrFilter

StarrFilter Member

how did you find that anyway...?
  6. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

7. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

8. StarrFilter

StarrFilter Member

yeah... no ramp :-/ i dunno how i feel about it. but they wanted to devide the show into 3 stages: stage right being :wisdom:'s garden and stage left being :grouchy:'s garden and the main stage being... well the main stage where most of the action takes place. i suppose including the ramp too, would just make it all look like "too much" goin on, especially when most of the backdrops for this show are already larger than life, so i guess it works
  9. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

Yeah. The whole three stage thing kind of reminds me of the Chuck E. Cheese stage,lol.

I noticed that went ahead and used that dumb purple Honker again.:grouchy:
    http://media.photobucket.com/image/sesame/tnthielen/Sesame Costumes/DSC06453.jpg?o=51

They must really love that one! VEE should really consider designing a red Honker or a light green one. Those would really be cool. I also thought of who couldv'e been a good choice for a medium understudy- your avatar, Jodie.:)

Haven't seen much of her lately, she would have been the perfect choice.
  10. StarrFilter

StarrFilter Member

i know! jodie's soo cute! LOL! yeah they use purple and orange as the tall and medium this year. have you watched the ss t.v. show lately? the new character, murray, seems to be getting very popular. it wouldn't surprise me if he was the tall or medium understudy next year... or maybe he'll even have speaking lines...?
  11. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

Yeah...I wouldn't be surprised. I was kind of expecting him to be in this show, just as an u/s anyway. I think the big mystery for me would be how they would design the costume, i mean the puppet on the show looks so unqiue. Just like Two-Headed Monster, they TWO heads!:crazy: And VEE still included them on some of their tours in the 80's.:cool:

But yeah, VEE should really consider using Jodie more often. The best memory I have of Jodie is seeing her in BBSDC, lol. I think she was also in the first version of 1-2-3...Imagine! but, if I remember correctly, she wore a hat and I think she was in a wheelchair. And even know I saw the 2000 version, I believe she was in the 1994 production of Let's Be Friends.

:wisdom:
  12. StarrFilter

StarrFilter Member

Yeah Jodie was the medium u/s in the orignal prod. of LBF, and in both productions of LPSchool. The girl in the wheelchair was Francis. The small understudy character in the original prod. of 123 alternated the Francis and Prairie Dawn costumes throughout the show. Grover was the medium u/s for 123.
  13. Two headed Monster was only in one SSL show, they were in 'Big Bird's Super Spectacular Show', that was the 1981-1982 show. Speaking of Two headed.....anyone got any idea what the costume was like in that show? I mean....how could people perform in that thing? LOL. In fact, Gladys the cow and Fred the wonder horse were also in that show....i bet VEE had more than 17 people in the cast back in those days.

They use to have Herry, Forgetful Jones, and Simon Soundman as walkarounds too back in the 80s...man I bet those were the days.
  14. StarrFilter

StarrFilter Member

yeah back in the day they used to have 18 performers in some shows. gladys was a two person costume like snuffy and two headed was a puppet.
  15. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

Yeah, and now they're down to 16 performers!:p
  16. StarrFilter

StarrFilter Member

saves money... 16's all you really need anyway...
  17. StarrFilter

StarrFilter Member

and the theater shows have gone from 13 to 14. so i guess that's good
  18. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

19. StarrFilter

StarrFilter Member

Yup! That's my Chris. Love him. He's been doing it since 03 and he loves it.:wisdom: Emily was on his tour last year too. she was Ernie. She's also been touring since 03. We actually auditioned in St. Louis, MO. together. :p I love her. She's so cool.
  20. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member