The official, "Remember this?" thread

mikealan

Reaction score
Remember Sam the Robot saying "Hi, Luis." in Bob's voice when Luis comes out of the Fix-It-Shop?

Clean Gultch

Reaction score
Originally posted by BlueAM
And does anyone know what Nick Normal and the Nickmatics looked like?
Nick Normal was a green anything muppet with red hair. Well that could also be Farley and Little Jerry so that isnt a very good discription. But oh well.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Clean Gultch
Nick Normal was a green anything muppet with red hair. Well that could also be Farley and Little Jerry so that isnt a very good discription. But oh well.
I thought it was black.. but then again, the Univision channel (where I saw the Spanish version) never comes in well, and it may have been in black and white...

He looked like an ancharcist, Punk musician and the rest of his band fit quite well..

Only in the 80's will you find punk music on Sesame Street....

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Since we've been talking about the rareity of sketches devoted to the number 1 in various counting series like the Baker, the Number Pinball, and the Ringmaster or Circus Counting guy, here's one from my early youth which I fondly remember. The scene takes place in a theatre hallwhere a producer-like AM is trying to get his stars on the stage. His stars are female muppets of the numbers from 1 to 10 with shining lights around their outlines, kind of like the little lightbulbs on the edges of a star's vanity mirror. They're all lined up in reverse order, with the number 1 supposed to take the lead. However, she's really shy and doesn't want to come out on stage. She overcomes this stage fright and finally performs a song with the rest of the numbers backing her up as her chorus. Does anybody remember this wonderful sketch as well? Can anyone help sort out the actual particulars of what else happened in this sketch? Thanks and Happy Holidays.

BeckyDR

Reaction score
hey Drtooth

Remember The Letter N, by Normal Nick and the Normatics? Saw it on plaza Sesamo (it worked, because the same words in spanish still start with N).

The group's name was actually NICK NORMAL and the NICKMATICS, and in Russian I'm guessing it would be something like NIKOLAI NORMAL'NO I NIKMATIKI (and it would work in Russian too, because the same words start with N [nothing = nichego, never = nikogda, no = NYET :smile:])

FigmentGonzo

Reaction score
Hello!

Hi everyone! While I'm a new member on the boards, I've been lurking around for a few months. But I have this SS skit in my head that I remember from when I watched SS as a little kid.

It had a bunch of kids (at least 3) were walking across this street when a paint truck went by painting the yellow double stripe down the middle of the road. It painted over a quarter. After it went by, the kids went over and picked it up, and the quarter was yellow on one side. It always amused me greatly when I was little! Does anyone else remember this? I have no idea what it was supposed to be teaching or anything! :smile:

Jessica

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Anyone remember Hill Street Twos? Did Noggin ever air that sketch? Was it a series?

Here's a clue:
ERNIE: Agent Rubber Duckie reporting for duty, SIR!
CHIEF: Please put that away!
ERNIE: Oh, okay. *squeak squeak* Rubber Duckie says he apologizes.

I haven't seen it in years, so I don't strive for accuracy in that dialogue, since I only saw it once or twice.

CherryPizza

Reaction score
OK, memories of this one are REALLY blurry...

a cartoon sequence - I believe it was a series of them, starts with a pan of a high-rise apartment block, and goes into a couple of kids who, as far as I can remember, were playing detectives. One of the kids is talking to a concerned "client" on the phone, and ends with "hang on tight, everything'll be all right" (saying the line so that it rhymes)

I can't remember what it is that they do or how they solve the problems though

Cherry "man this is driving me crazy" Pizza