Don't Ask Me Why But..................

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
Originally posted by CB Boy
Other Canadians shows you missed were:

- Big Comfy Couch
i didnt miss it, i just can't stand it. (except for the dust bunnies, or as my little sister used to call them, The Bust Cats)

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
Originally posted by Buck-Beaver

- Professor Iris
- "Puppets Who Kill" (adult)
- "Internet Slutts" (adult also)
- "Ned" (adult - shorts on the comedy network)
- "Hunter Vs. Deer" (adult - shorts on the comedy network)
- "The World's Angriest Puppet Show" (adult)*
Professor Iris...i remember that show, not when i used to live in Canada, i first saw it when i visited my canadian relatives. i was 10 i believe. there was this one puppet of a flower, i think, who sounded EXACTLY like Basil Bear. EXACTLY...must be the same person (duh)

and about the other 5, i said KIDS shows...but i might wanna check em out

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
Other Canadians shows you missed were:

- Fraggle Rock (it's true!)
- Thomas The Tank Engine (Canada/US)
- Bookmice
- Ruffus The Dog
- Panda Bear Daycare
- Amigo & Me
- Big Comfy Couch
- Noddy (Canada/England)
- Groundling Marsh
- Dudley The Dragon
- Eric's World
when i was 4 i was a Thomas junkie!!!

btw, who's that moose? is he on a canadian show?

CB Boy

Reaction score
"The moose" is The Moose Marshall Mountie. He is performed by a Toronto (now Tokyo)-based puppeteer/artist named Shawn Hazelton. Marshall is (in my humble & undervalued) opinion about the funniest **** Canadian puppet character ever conceived.

Basically he's a bumbling moose that has a mute beaver side kick named Buck (see Buck Beaver's icon above) a butler named Jeeves and a cow named Betsy. He was in an online "web-cast" series called "The Marshall & Buck Show" a few years back. He's been in a few other things produced by a Toronto company called Omle Media over the years and they'll probably revive the character for something new at some point.

I led a write-in campaign to have Marshall become a MuchMusic VJ in Canada which I think would be hilarious. There were like several hundred emails sent to MM at least. Apparently, the MuchMusic folks have some sort of stupid anti-moose bias and they didn't bite. C'est la vive.

Marshall rocks man, Marshall rocks.

CB Boy

Reaction score
While we're on the subject of things Canada should be proud of I thought I would share....

SO, WHAT DO CANADIANS HAVE TO BE PROUD OF?

1. Smarties

2. Crispy Crunch, Coffee Crisp

3. The size of our footballs fields and one less down

4. Baseball is Canadian

5. Lacrosse is Canadian

6. Hockey is Canadian

7. Basketball is Canadian

8. Apple pie is Canadian

9. Mr. Dress-up kicks Mr. Rogers a**

10. Tim Hortons kicks Dunkin' Donuts a**

11. In the war of 1812, Canadians pushed the invading Americans back...past their 'White House'. Then we burned it...and most of Washington, under the command of William Lyon McKenzie who was insane and hammered all the time. We got bored because they ran away, so we came home and partied...Go figure..we shouldn't really be proud of this, but then the Americans burned / destroyed most of York (now Toronto) so I guess fair is fair...

12. Canada has the world's largest French population that never surrendered to Germany.

13. We have the largest English population that never ever surrendered or withdrew during any war to anyone, anywhere.

14. Our civil war was a bar fight that lasted a little over an hour (true story!).

15. We knew plaid was cool far before Seattle caught on.

16. The Hudsons Bay Company once owned over 10% of the earth's surface and is still around as the world's oldest company.

17. The average dog sled team can kill and devour a full grown human in under 3 minutes.

18. We still know what to do with all the parts of a buffalo.

19. We don't marry our kin-folk (but who does these days anyways?).

20. We invented ski-doos, jet-skis, velcro, zippers, insulin, penicillin, zambonis, the telephone and short wave radios that save countless lives each year.

21. We ALL have frozen our tongues to something metal and lived to tell about it.

22. A Canadian invented Superman.

23. Our beer contains a MINIMUM 4% alchol

***BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY!

23. The handles on our beer cases are big enough to fit your hands with mitts on.

OOOoohhhhh Canada!!

punkNpuppets

Reaction score

1. Smarties
[/I] [/B]
and i know u dont mean those stupid little things that make u look like a fish

9. Mr. Dress-up kicks Mr. Rogers a**
[/I] [/B]
amen

10. Tim Hortons kicks Dunkin' Donuts a**
[/I] [/B]
well i guess, but donuts are donuts....and i'll tell ya, i looove donuts

21. We ALL have frozen our tongues to something metal and lived to tell about it.
[/I] [/B]
when i was little i licked an "S" hook, don't ask me why, i just felt like it.....

anyways, here are some other things u forgot!!!

1) AVRIL LAVIGNE!!!...............ok, i'm kidding!

2) D.O.A....now theres a band that makes me proud 2 be a Canadian

3) Sum 41

4) Radio Active, all of YTV.

5) Noreen Young, the lady that made the puppets from Under The Umbrella Tree and Today's Special