Muppets at the Flea Market or Garage Sale

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I got a giant baby kermit, uh, a miss piggy doll, and a baby kermit and fozzie that are dressed for winter. But my dog ate the nose off fozzie

Beauregard

Reaction score
I was found a Kermit the Frog cookie jar, :smile: .

It was in my collection for a long time, but I have a friend whose mother collects cookie jars so I went ahead and let her have it and it's a favorite for hers now.
I read that as: "I was found IN a Kermit the Frog cookie jar." -- I couldn't help but find that slightly strange...

DTWolf

Reaction score
Some of you may find this odd, but I've actually been looking for a Snuffleupagus in scale with the Palisades Super Grover figure, a thought I first had when I noticed the plush Snuffies now being sold at Carlton Cards--only those are a bit too small. I told myself that surely at some point somebody had made a Snuffy the proper size, and just maybe one would turn up at the flea market some day.

And at the flea market the weekend before last, there it was: a plush Snuffy with a great likeness, vastly superior to the current plush in looks and size. He has a cloth butterfly sewn to his snuffle and was made by Applause (no date on the tag, though). There's a windup mechanism on his back hip and he plays the Sesame theme music--I didn't need that, actually, but it sounds nice enough and the inner music box is so small I don't even mind.

He's not perfect--the back of his body is too small for the front half, although his hind end is seated so it doesn't look too bad.

But I love him. I was cuddling him off and on the rest of the day. He's almost exactly what I was hoping for, and the seller gave him to me for next to nothing, I think because she saw how much I liked it.

The top of Super Grover's head, by the way, comes to the bottom of Snuffy's eyes.

PhiNuBlue

Reaction score
Last weekend I found The Muppet Show book in pretty good condition at a thrift store. I got it for like $1 (it may have been less) Woo hoo!

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
today i found alot of SS videos, most of them from the random house era. i also found a Grover and Elmo plush and a behind the sceens video for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie made in 1990.

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
I'm bumping this thread to add some more things I found today at my local flea market. I found the SS Random House video Sing Along, Muppet Sing-A-Long Things that Fly, Things that Go, and a DVD of The Wubbulous World of Dr. Seuss The Cat's Funhouse. Anyone else find anything recently?

StreetScenes

Reaction score
at a library sale i found the bert & ernie go birdwatching book with the bird sounds still working. *happily dancing and overusing the pigeon button*:frown:

Da Dogster

Reaction score
Some of you may find this odd, but I've actually been looking for a Snuffleupagus in scale with the Palisades Super Grover figure, a thought I first had when I noticed the plush Snuffies now being sold at Carlton Cards--only those are a bit too small. I told myself that surely at some point somebody had made a Snuffy the proper size, and just maybe one would turn up at the flea market some day.

And at the flea market the weekend before last, there it was: a plush Snuffy with a great likeness, vastly superior to the current plush in looks and size. He has a cloth butterfly sewn to his snuffle and was made by Applause (no date on the tag, though). There's a windup mechanism on his back hip and he plays the Sesame theme music--I didn't need that, actually, but it sounds nice enough and the inner music box is so small I don't even mind.

He's not perfect--the back of his body is too small for the front half, although his hind end is seated so it doesn't look too bad.

But I love him. I was cuddling him off and on the rest of the day. He's almost exactly what I was hoping for, and the seller gave him to me for next to nothing, I think because she saw how much I liked it.

The top of Super Grover's head, by the way, comes to the bottom of Snuffy's eyes.
A few weeks before the flea market ended here, due to winter, I had came across a Snuffy from Knickerbocker (this is what it looks like )
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/muppet/images/e/ee/KnickerbockerSnuffy14in.jpg
and Yes it is still in great shape. and I had also came across Christmas Eve on Sesame Street vid, from Random House.
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/muppet/images/8/8e/Video.xmaseve-vhs.jpg
Still tring to find my golden muppet grail
The Original Sesame Street Book and Record carryalong set. Any one came across that?
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/muppet/images/1/17/SS1CarryAbout.jpg