Kermit Love dies at 91

Beauregard

Reaction score
Our world wouldn't have been the same, had he not constructed Big Bird and worked with SS...thank you for that...

Brooklyn

Reaction score
Some history:

"Kermit Love became one of Jim Henson's most trusted puppet-builders: Among other beloved characters, Love built Big Bird and Snuffleupagus. Hard to believe as it is, Love insists that it's pure coincidence that he shares a first name with Henson's most famous alter-ego, Kermit the Frog. He recently realized, though, that Henson "rarely called me Kermit; he always called me 'Mr. Love.' I certainly admired what he did with his Kermit, and I think he had a great appreciation and patience for the characters I did."

Above quoted from article located here

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Yeah Kermit was a great mentor to a lot of the Muppet performers. He convinced Caroll Spinney to keep his job at Sesame Street and brought Kevin Clash in as one of todays greatest performers for the company. I have no doubt in my mind that he will surely be missed.
What do you mean by convincing Mr. Spinney to remain?

I don't know how my question sounds just like to know more detail on it.

Sad he died but he was up in years.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
What do you mean by convincing Mr. Spinney to remain?

I don't know how my question sounds just like to know more detail on it.

Sad he died but he was up in years.
If you read Carol's book he explains that one day he was ready to quite. He was walking up the stairs in the Henson NY building crying thinkiing he could not do Sesame Street anymore. Kermit saw him and talked with him, and they worked out the problem Carol was having.

You should really read Carol and Kevins books to learn how Kermit Love really impacted not only them, but the Muppets and Henson as a whole group. He also has done a lot outside of the Muppets that was some great work as well.

ploobis

Reaction score
This is sad news. :cry:

He will sure be missed. Thank you Kermit for building Big Bird, Snuffy, Thog and The Bossman.

R.I.P. Kermit Love

Erine81981

Reaction score
RIP Kermit Love. We all love you very much and pray for your family. :wisdom:

ploobis

Reaction score
How old was Kermit Love when he passed away?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Oh wow! I was just posting on here and this thread just completely stopped my in my tracks. It could not believe what I was reading and that this had actually really happened. It can be hard to come to grips with reality somtimes, you know? As I was reading this and what everyone had to say here, just thinking about the news has nearly got me in tears and I was only just trying to hold them back and I can only swallow hardly reading this. I mean, what a great creator and a great loss to this world. This world was and is a much better place for him having being here and in it.The tears just keep welling up in my eye;s tying this and they jut get more intense the more I do so to the point where I can not ever see the keys I'm trying with. You know it's funny how somebody you have never known and have never met can really have and play the biggest effect on someones life. This world is so unpredictable sometimes you know? Somtimes it can just seem cruel by taking those we love so much but it's a good thing their were and are people in like like Mr. Love who can help it feel a lot nicer. That what Mr. Kermit love was... he was love. And that's what is messages was, love for your neighbor (The people in you neighborhood like Big Bird.) and for your fellow man. All of us at Muppet Central will really miss Mr. Love and I'm sure you he in a better place.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
How old was Kermit Love when he passed away?
According to an earlier post, he was born in August 1916, so sadly, he never even got to see 92.

But this is VERY sad indeed...

I remember the way Caroll described him in his book vividly, and he did seem like such a wonderful person, and you all are absolutely right, he DID construct Big Bird and several of the other muppets, and it was him who convinced Caroll (who had convinced himself that he might move on to something "greater") to stay put with Sesame Street and Jim Henson, because work like that truly is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

And of course, let us fans of old school Sesame not forget that Kermit Love had on-screen work as well as Willy the Hotdog Man!

May he rest in peace.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
:cry: A sad day indeed.

My deepest heartfelt condolences go out to the friends and family of Mr. Love. He will be greatly missed with fondest memories.