Who Thinks POTDC Will Actually Come Out in 2009?

Laszlo

Reaction score
It is clear that not only is Jim Henson dead, but so is his sense of loyalty, which, unfortunately has not passed on to his children or the people that run his company.
Shhht! 'Cough, cough...' :smile:

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
I sort of hope it isn't coming out next year. We haven't anything from this movie, right? I don't want to see this movie turn out to be something that is cheep and rushed. I would rather a spectacular movie come out in five years than to see mediocrity tomorrow. I will wait for as long as it take as long as the movie is good.

JMPrater

Reaction score
They've been working on this film for nearly 4 years, which is almost the same amount of time they've worked on the first film. I believe there's been enough time devoted to the planning and execution of the film to make me believe at least, there's a great film in the wings. Here's hoping we'll be seeing something soon.

cabbageheat

Reaction score
Well, I haven't been here in a while, and it seems the new DC movie is still where it was months, if not a year ago. Nowhere.

Oh well. Perhaps this is a blessing? Does TDC really need another movie? I'm not sure. But, hey, if they abandon it, I guess that won't be so bad. But I agree, some kind of input, update or sneak peak or just a "no, we're not doing it" would be nice. It appears to me, they have lost some kind of communication with their fan base. The ball has dropped somewhere, and it appears no one is willing to go pick it up.

Oh well.

Phloyd456

Reaction score
http://powerofthedarkcrystal.blogspot.com/2007/09/production-update-from-comic-con.html

Thursday, September 6, 2007
Production Update from Comic-Con

The Jim Henson Company held a special Q&A session at the 2007 ComicCon International convention in San Diego. Brian Henson, Lisa Henson, John Chandler, Halle Stanford, Patrick Bristow and Julianne Buescher were on site to answer questions from the audience. Inevitably some questions about Power of the Dark Crystal came up; here is what Henson had to say:

"We’re working on 'Power of the Dark Crystal' and those are animatronics puppets but with a whole lot of cool compositing techniques and animation enhancement that will be animatronics better then you’ve ever seen them done."
- Brian Henson

"All of this is cloaked in secrecy...there is something great coming along... Fans of 'The Dark Crystal' did detect that we were moving a little slowly, and it’s kind of true, we had a little setback but are back on track. The movie will not be coming out until 2009 so we’re not going to be showing anything for a while."
- Lisa Henson

Redsonga

Reaction score
I may be a know nothing fraggle fan but didn't the first DC take more than ten years to make from idea to movie? I think to make a truly good movie that stands the test of time being made slowly would actually be a good sign in this movies case not a bad one. After all, most movies don't need this high level of detail:smile:.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I may be a know nothing fraggle fan but didn't the first DC take more than ten years to make from idea to movie? I think to make a truly good movie that stands the test of time being made slowly would actually be a good sign in this movies case not a bad one. After all, most movies don't need this high level of detail.
You are right. Actually the creation of Fraggles and Gelflings were happening at the same time in the mind of Jim Henson. :excited: :scary: :coy:

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
Sorry to be technical, but I think it was just 5 years. But you do have a point there.

JustListen

Reaction score
I may be a know nothing fraggle fan but didn't the first DC take more than ten years to make from idea to movie? I think to make a truly good movie that stands the test of time being made slowly would actually be a good sign in this movies case not a bad one. After all, most movies don't need this high level of detail:smile:.
The Dark Crystal was a give or take 5 year project. The only reason I'm so darn obsesed with the date is because its changed so many times. Its like when the pizza man says your pie will be delivered in 30 minutes. After two hours you begin to think "Uh...Did he crash and die in the fire?" That would be a crispy pizza. I just wish the Henson folks wern't so secretive. But i guess itll add to the beauty when its finally unravelledthat we dont know what to expect.