Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 39

Drtooth

Reaction score
Did we see Oscar in a full body shot when he launched out of the trashcan?
Oh yeah. Forgot to answer that. indeed we did. He basically has a lower torso like the rest of the monsters. I can't say this is the first time this has been shown, but I don't recall any others.

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
Aww, geesh. I woke up late and missed part of the street scene. Oscar's song was really cute though.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
My thinks on yesterday's episode:

The Goods:
-Another funny story! Oscar episodes are always the bets one of the season. Oscar' song was cute, especially the little homage to "Singin' in the Rain"
-I liked that Prince Oscar puppet. It kind of looked like a walk-around puppet.
-Grundgetta made her usual one-episode appearance.
-The Jack Black bit was pretty funny
-The Big Bird/Snuffy intros were cute. Liked when they used a riff of Johnny Carson's theme song.
-Nice to see some B segments that haven't been used in awhile.
-Murray trying to get his lamb some with extra cheese, or mustard or acorns was funny.
-I liked the ending with Oscar reading a story. Al least its not in every episode.
-Also, the nighttime SS theme was used, which hasn't been heard at all this season, even when it closes at night.

The Bads:
-Oscar rejecting trash? !
-I don't like the "Important" song
-While I like the Keb Mo song and the fact it has Kermit and Cookie in it, we already saw it last season and I would've prefered seeing something else.
-The Veggi Dance - do kids even like this?

Drtooth

Reaction score
-Oscar rejecting trash?
Maybe cuz it ain't trashy enough! :grouchy:

-The Veggi Dance - do kids even like this?
In that aspect, do kids really like Dora talking to them like she had a stroke? A lot I'll never understand. I do know anyone over the age of 3 is bound to question its educational value.

muppetwannabe

Reaction score
They do the repeats twice a week and this seasons episodes the other three days of the week! technically though they are all repeats but this season repeats air three days of the week and other season repeats the other two days. I thought of a great question though! why did the change the mail-it shop back to a fix-it shop after four years and Why did they change the fix-it shop to a mail-it shop in the first place? the same with the color scheme which went from green to brown(and red for hooper's store) and then back to green again! Why bother changing in the first place if they were just going to put it back where it was?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi. As far as the color change for certain set pieces, I couldn't say. But for the Fix-It/Mail-It Shop... Well, when Season 33 came around, part of the storyline was that Luis and María wanted something new. The Fix-It Shop had gotten rather stagnant when featured the last few seasons before that, as they were stuck in the rut of always fixing the ubiquitous toasters. So it got changed to the Mail-It Shop. But then, in Season 37, it got changed back to the Fix-It Shop as that was much more iconic to Sesame Street's basic layout, and they started using it more sporadically, but in little inserts as part of the various street stories where they repaired more than just toasters, and I think that approach has helped it more these last few years.

Hope this helps. :busy:

Erine81981

Reaction score
So far every episode that've started watching (since i have them recorded on my DVR) they've all be pretty good. Now Simley get a Pet. I thought that was too short. They could have had more with maybe Cookie Monster, Grover and Ernie and Bert being on the street scene. Now i know they weren't on there but i think they should have been.

But still great storyline on "Big Bird's Nest Sale." Cool to see The Count pushing a shopping cart. I've always wanted to see a puppet character pushing a shopping cart. And i got my wish.

Can't wait to watch "Abby's Sleepover", "Elmo Cheers For Zoe" and "Elmo Steps in for Super Grover."

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
On the 21/10/08; I wonder if they will show an Abby episode. According to the SST site it's her Birthday.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Today's review.

Episode 4179: The Sesame Street Bird Games.
Airdate: October 20, 2008.
Season: Season 39.
Sponsors: V, 11.
Word on the Street: Penguin.
Street Story.
Alan and Chris certainly hammed it up as game judges/commentators.
Entirely predictable that everybody would be declared bird game winners.
Film/Song: There's A Bird On Me.
Muppets: El Baile del Penguino.
Bert & Ernie's Great Adventures: Penguin Hatching in the Antarctic.
Letter of the Day: V comes by hiding from Rosita, splits off into a number 11.
Animation: V, the Letter V.
Cast: Kids floating in space form a letter V.
Murray Has a Little Lamb: Going to Soccer School.
Number of the Day: An 11 comes by to the laundromat and starts turning from an 11 into a V.
Song: 11 Rap.
Animation: Kid types and tries to recognize an 11, rewarded with 11 flying fishes.
Muppets: Are You Smarter Than a Henlayer?
A million box... Nice Looney Tunes reference from the race between Bugs and Daffy.
Elmo's World: Penguins.
Ending: Rosita comes back to Leela, both trying to present the sponsors as V keeps splitting off into an 11 and then rejoining into a V.