Save the Fozzie Replica

Would you buy a full-size Fozzie Bear Photo Puppet Replica?

• Yes. money is no object

Votes: 123 45.2%
  • Yes. if he is $400-$600

Votes: 40 14.7%
  • Yes. if he is less than $400

Votes: 92 33.8%
  • No

Votes: 17 6.3%

• Total voters

Kevin Knight

Reaction score
For Kermit, I would've paid that much. He's the star! The face of the franchise. My friend I've had since I was 5. Glad he came out when he did, in my 30's. Now that I know how to appreciate what we have.

Peter, thank you very very much for the insight. I for one value it tremendously as being kept in the loop. I would never say this if it wasn't warranted, but if they need Fozzie to be a success to possibly squeeze another out, or renew their license I would be willing to buy more than one bear.

Kudos to you fans who have bought 2 and 3 of each character.

MR, we've stood behind you. We're still here cheering you on for your efforts on our behalf.

KK

animal0606

Reaction score
It would be nice if they released all of them. It's unfortunate that the prices are so high because of the work & material put into these items ,the prices have dropped recently because of lack of demand & the supplier already put so much money into putting these items on the market & with today's economy the seller wants to make sure the demand is there hence supply & demand this might become demand & supply now.

:halo:

Ace

Reaction score
Hey Everyone...I've voted 'A' because money is no object, and was no object for the other characters that MR bought out. I've been waiting for over 12 months for Fozzie...I need him to join my Kermit, Gonzo and Animal Replica's. I've already got a place for him. Can't wait for the fifth, sixth, seventh, eighth, nineth, tenth replica's etc. There are still loads of great characters to do. I'LL BUY THEM ALL! Hurry up MR! Can you pre-order Fozzie from any website?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'd say that Star Wars & Trek fans are more willing to purchase an item due to the branding while Muppet fans require something visually appealing beyond the logo designation. :wink:

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
It seems like maybe Star Wars and Star Trek fans have more disposable income than Muppet fans.

? what the....? Are you kidding me. What does income have to do with what you buy? I think it is all the matter in what you want and collect. I only collect prop replicas. Not toys or junk. Also....Star Wars fans like myself, have to save just as much if not more than for Muppet stuff. It really shouldn't make a differenace who spends what or how much. I am sure there are others on here that spent a whole lot more on muppet staff that Star Wars!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
? what the....? Are you kidding me. What does income have to do with what you buy? I think it is all the matter in what you want and collect. I only collect prop replicas. Not toys or junk. Also....Star Wars fans like myself, have to save just as much if not more than for Muppet stuff. It really shouldn't make a differenace who spends what or how much. I am sure there are others on here that spent a whole lot more on muppet staff that Star Wars!
In my experience Muppet fans tend to be much more discerning about investing their fan dollar. I still blame the horrible photography for the sluggish poser sales. However, a low price-point is key. Star Wars and Trek toys will always sell so stores are more than willing to stock pricy items. This is not the case with the Muppets. Sales tend to reflect recent exposure, the quality of the piece and, most importantly, the presence of Kermit in the mix. I hate to say that, but it is true. I've seen it from a design perspective and a shop perspective. Them's the facts.

Any sort of pricy life size replica is a marketing challenge. There’s no room for errors in product design or visual promotion.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Yes, all is true, but we are talking about Muppet fans vs. Star Wars/ Star Trek fans and income. Not display and how much merch etc. This is about the fans and money. I don't have no more than anyone else as far as "disposed income" is concerned. It would be no different that collecting anything else out of the norm. So why does it matter and how much money who is spending on what? It's all the matter of high end collectibles no matter what it is. Not how much fans are throwing there money around. I am sure if there was more Muppet stuff as far as high end collectibles are concerned, more people will be throwing there money on them as well. Why pick on the Star Wars and Star Trek fans?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Yes, all is true, but we are talking about Muppet fans vs. Star Wars/ Star Trek fans and income. Not display and how much merch etc. This is about the fans and money. I don't have no more than anyone else as far as "disposed income" is concerned. It would be no different that collecting anything else out of the norm. So why does it matter and how much money who is spending on what? It's all the matter of high end collectibles no matter what it is. Not how much fans are throwing there money around. I am sure if there was more Muppet stuff as far as high end collectibles are concerned, more people will be throwing there money on them as well. Why pick on the Star Wars and Star Trek fans?
You are right in that Star Wars fans do not make more money than Muppet fans. However the Muppets need to rebuild their name like Disney is currently doing before high or low end Muppet stuff becomes profitable. One success is the Whatnot Workshop. It is a great product, but it also was heavily promoted in key spots where the most interest would be. They also had a special at the time. Product can not be clumsily thrown into the market place. There must be a strategy. Things like Star Wars need no such strategy because Lucas has already formed the property into a money making machine.

unclematt

Reaction score
The question becomes, how did Lucas form the money making machine that he did?