Save the Fozzie Replica

Would you buy a full-size Fozzie Bear Photo Puppet Replica?

• Yes. money is no object

Votes: 123 45.2%
  • Yes. if he is $400-$600

Votes: 40 14.7%
  • Yes. if he is less than $400

Votes: 92 33.8%
  • No

Votes: 17 6.3%

• Total voters

muppetperson

Reaction score
As a matter of interest, how many people would buy Fozzie at $3000, putting a deposit down on an order to make basis, with maybe a monthly installment payment?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
As a matter of interest, how many people would buy Fozzie at $3000, putting a deposit down on an order to make basis, with maybe a monthly installment payment?
Even a $1000 Fozzie just couldn't happen for this fan in the real world. A person that could spend 3G on a Fozzie could just as well commission one from a private builder on the down low. It's moot. No store would stock it and there's no guarantee that such a product could sell through in under five years.

I'm all for a payment plan, but I could not justify spending over $800 on a replica. I'm still hoping they'll find a way to keep him in the $4-600 range.

Davina

Reaction score
$3000.. no.. sorry, couldn't do it.. that's a decent infertility treatment option or a good quarter of adoption fees.. (or a family trip to disneyland or a third of a motorcycle hubby wants.. or something.. ) but no, couldn't justify it even for Fozzie.. and hubby wouldn't go for it anyway.. and he indulges me so already... (good thing he loves muppets too..)

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'm not saying I would pay $3,000, but other full-size replicas go for much more than that.

Check these out:

Full Size Statues

:stick_out_tongue:
If MR can afford to make 500 Fozzie Bears and warehouse them until retailers and customers will shell out the $3,000 a piece SRP than it's do-able. otherwise it just can't happen at that price point.

I still feel it's apples and oranges. In and of himself - Fozzie Bear is just not as iconic in the consumer mind as Superman, Batman, Yoda or other Sci-Fi and fantasy fare (even if he is to me and the rest of us). Most of those statues don't require the amount of detail, materials and expense that a Muppet replica does. They cost a fraction of what they're sold for and for some reason retailers are much more willing to stock them.

Kermit is the only Muppet Show character able to write his own price tag and eventually sell. Companies just won't stock an expensive Fozzie no matter how cool he is. It was hard enough getting the action figures stocked. Retail interest was nil on Fraggle figures. I know it sounds amazing, but it's true.

I can't see something that pricey coming to market even with Disney's Muppet push.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Something just tells me that this bear will be coming to end soon. I am still keeping my fingers crossed and even a little miracle would help.

muppetperson

Reaction score
If MR can afford to make 500 Fozzie Bears and warehouse them until retailers and customers will shell out the $3,000 a piece SRP than it's do-able. otherwise it just can't happen at that price point.

I still feel it's apples and oranges. In and of himself - Fozzie Bear is just not as iconic in the consumer mind as Superman, Batman, Yoda or other Sci-Fi and fantasy fare (even if he is to me and the rest of us). Most of those statues don't require the amount of detail, materials and expense that a Muppet replica does. They cost a fraction of what they're sold for and for some reason retailers are much more willing to stock them.

Kermit is the only Muppet Show character able to write his own price tag and eventually sell. Companies just won't stock an expensive Fozzie no matter how cool he is. It was hard enough getting the action figures stocked. Retail interest was nil on Fraggle figures. I know it sounds amazing, but it's true.

I can't see something that pricey coming to market even with Disney's Muppet push.
MR can not afford to warehouse Fozzies, which is why it would be made to order ie they only get made as people order them.

Davina

Reaction score
Something just tells me that this bear will be coming to end soon. I am still keeping my fingers crossed and even a little miracle would help.
as much as I feel you're right.. it's nice to still have hope.. *sigh*
otherwise i'm going to have to find someone to make me a fozzie and piggy.. heh.. and i know i can't afford that... and/or will have to give up my dream of a life size muppet nativity.. and that will truly be sad...
ah well, i still have my assorted penguin collection :zany:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
MR can not afford to warehouse Fozzies, which is why it would be made to order ie they only get made as people order them.
Neither warehousing stock nor individually commissioned Fozzies make good business sense for a small company like MR or even a larger company these days. There's too much risk in both methods and not enough profit margin. Both are out of the box ideas, but too wacky to work in this current climate. MR needs to keep looking for a factory that can produce Fozzies at a more "bearable" SRP. It could happen, but it is most likely that Fozzie will not be made.