Save the Fozzie Replica

Would you buy a full-size Fozzie Bear Photo Puppet Replica?

• Yes. money is no object

Votes: 123 45.2%
  • Yes. if he is $400-$600

Votes: 40 14.7%
  • Yes. if he is less than $400

Votes: 92 33.8%
  • No

Votes: 17 6.3%

• Total voters

muppetperson

Reaction score
There was heaps of negativity about the Muppet posers-Pupil placement,visable eye shells,
non poseable eyes, Gonzo's nose and Animal's limited mouth movement to name a few.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
I wouldn't call it negativity though, just fan input & criticism as Jamie said. Everything you listed is relevant to the final products' level of accuracy/representation of the characters, don't you think? I do, I spoke up about a lot of that (as many here & elsewhere did), while at the same time realizing that these were mostly factory issues that all companies' deal with.

As has been previously stated numerous times in all the replica threads, YES, we'd been spoiled by Ken Lilly & all the staff at Palisades by them letting us help dictate who, what, when, where, why, & how in all manners of character production, even going as far as members designing & sculpting characters from home! It may have slowed things down by having so MUCH input, but the final products were all (for the most part) Muppet Masterpieces! Wave line-ups could've been changed, sure, but we pretty much got everthing we asked for, and all criticism was heard with an open, creative mind.

MR is cool, maybe they're done, maybe they aren't. Regardless, I still want the Muppet line to continue, and I will still give my creative input, whether it's heard, sniffed at, or whatever. I'm the guy buying the product, I wanna make sure all can be done to make it the best possible product out there, but I also know that I (of course) don't have the final say-so or budget control, and that should always be understood on both sides.

MuppetPerson, your posts are ALWAYS appreciated, you must know this. Whether we agree or disagree with ANY news you are able to pass along, we're just glad to hear ANYTHING! :big_grin: Critiques are a given, we're usually gonna buy the stuff regardless, we just wanna know that we're heard.

Poor grammar, sorry. At home with an infant, this is why my posts are usually short, ha ha.

Cheers to all,
:smile:
Anthony

Nick22

Reaction score
price is definitely a big problem for me with the posers. i don't have my own money. i don't do chores i have no way of earning money. and even if i had the money my parents would never let me spend it all on something like a muppet poser. so money is all up to my parents and they don't have the money right now because we are remodeling our house and blah blah blah.i hear the same thing every time i ask for money. i have kermit but he was a present. my chances of ever getting animal and gonzo are extremely slim. if fozzie's price is more then i am completely screwed. i just wish everything could somehow magically straighten out and we could get fozzie and they can move on with the line. it seems that every company that trys to sell rully rully nice muppet products always ends up failing. and i found out about palisades action figures after the muppet frigures had already been retired. so now i am trying to collect as many as possible before more of them become rare and all of the prices contine to sky rocket. i saw the fozzie prototype pictures and i thought he look amazing. i didn't see much wrong with him. but there was something about his face/head that didn't look right. but i just can't find out what it is. i guess all we can do at this point is wait, right?

muppetperson

Reaction score
I wouldn't call it negativity though, just fan input & criticism as Jamie said. Everything you listed is relevant to the final products' level of accuracy/representation of the characters, don't you think? I do, I spoke up about a lot of that (as many here & elsewhere did), while at the same time realizing that these were mostly factory issues that all companies' deal with.

As has been previously stated numerous times in all the replica threads, YES, we'd been spoiled by Ken Lilly & all the staff at Palisades by them letting us help dictate who, what, when, where, why, & how in all manners of character production, even going as far as members designing & sculpting characters from home! It may have slowed things down by having so MUCH input, but the final products were all (for the most part) Muppet Masterpieces! Wave line-ups could've been changed, sure, but we pretty much got everthing we asked for, and all criticism was heard with an open, creative mind.

MR is cool, maybe they're done, maybe they aren't. Regardless, I still want the Muppet line to continue, and I will still give my creative input, whether it's heard, sniffed at, or whatever. I'm the guy buying the product, I wanna make sure all can be done to make it the best possible product out there, but I also know that I (of course) don't have the final say-so or budget control, and that should always be understood on both sides.

MuppetPerson, your posts are ALWAYS appreciated, you must know this. Whether we agree or disagree with ANY news you are able to pass along, we're just glad to hear ANYTHING! :big_grin: Critiques are a given, we're usually gonna buy the stuff regardless, we just wanna know that we're heard.

Poor grammar, sorry. At home with an infant, this is why my posts are usually short, ha ha.

Cheers to all,
:smile:
Anthony
The things I listed were factory flaws, which if it wasnt negative,
I would hardly call it positive! They were things that people had complained about, which I see as negative or bad points.Certainly people can criticize and that could be used in a positive way,but in this case it is a final product so it isnt going to change anything.The comments them selves are still negative points that people have said.

Davina

Reaction score
they may have no effect on current items, but they are issues that can be tweaked and modified for future items (if there are any...) it may be critical reviews, but that doesn't automatically mean we don't adore the product

muppetperson

Reaction score
they may have no effect on current items, but they are issues that can be tweaked and modified for future items (if there are any...) it may be critical reviews, but that doesn't automatically mean we don't adore the product
Sure, there are Pros and Cons for everything, and with the muppet photo puppet replicas, in most cases with the buyers,the pros out numbered the cons.All that I am saying is that there was negativity,as Ignohippo couldnt recall anyone saying so.

Ignohippo

Reaction score
There was heaps of negativity about the Muppet posers-Pupil placement,visable eye shells,
non poseable eyes, Gonzo's nose and Animal's limited mouth movement to name a few.

Too funny! I had completely forgotten about those!
I guess I fixed those things pretty easily on my own, so they weren't a big deal to me and have completely slipped my mind as time has gone on. Yeah, in hindsight the pupil placement was a pretty big deal but the other things I'd consider more things that we would've liked rather than complaints.

Gonzo's nose still isn't an issue to me. I would rather have the foam, but it I'm happy with the compromise.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
On the complaints...

I actually turned my pupil complaint into a proactive tutorial on how to resolve it and had Phillip tag it onto the end of Muppet Central's Gonzo review.

The eye shells didn't bother me so much. People don't remember, but there were some early issues with white joint plates in some of the first couple of waves from Palisades' figures. It happens.

It is a company's responsibility to stand behind their product regardless of factory error. That has happened to me as a product design artist. The mouth plate issue is a huge one! Also the product description did mislead buyers into thinking Animal would come with a collar and chain. Still, most of those who complained, like me, still purchased the item and found creative ways to resolve the problems.

I think actual customers had the right to voice their displeasure. I still gave all the posers (including my Animal review that was featured both here and on MR's site) rave reviews. I’m glad to have mine. However, since when are customers just supposed to gush over a product or remain silent? That’s not the way – especially with collectibles. I get customers all the time critiquing figures and collectibles a heck of a lot more harshly than anything said on this forum. Sure, some of the comments went overboard. That’s the way of fandom. I don’t recall much of anything that crossed the line.

mickeymouse18

Reaction score
thanks again for all the info, do you have a rough estimate of how long we will have to wait to hear from disney? thanks again! :smile:

muppetperson

Reaction score
thanks again for all the info, do you have a rough estimate of how long we will have to wait to hear from disney? thanks again! :smile:
Things are still being developed, and should be finalised soon.we will have to wait for information in the next few months.