Speculation: Any News on TMS Season 4's Release?

Telly

Reaction score
I could see Gonzo on season 4. I'd like to see Scooter or Rowlf on Season Season 5 (Scooter more-so than Rowlf just to get a Richard Hunt character out there) but it'll probably be Animal.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Gonzo should be on the season 4 box and Scooter should be on the season 5 box. Of all the characters on The Muppet Show, I think Scooter would be considered the fifth main character (during season one, Scooter would have been fourth, and Gonzo fifth).

And if they release the sets that way, that takes care of the top row of Muppet Central smilies.

It'll likely be that the fifth box will have one of the smaller, but outrageously popular characters on it like Beaker or the Chef or Animal. Beaker would be a very cool cover, but I really hope it's not the Chef or Animal. Am I the only one who finds Animal's popularity as annoying as Elmo's? :halo: Not that I dislike Animal at all, he's hillarious when he's not placed in a lead role, as in Muppets From Space. It would be a poor choice to have him on one of the next two box covers.

Telly

Reaction score
I the only one who finds Animal's popularity as annoying as Elmo's? :halo: Not that I dislike Animal at all, he's hillarious when he's not placed in a lead role, as in Muppets From Space.
I'm with you Super Scooter. I don't dislike Animal at all either. I just like him better as part of the Electric Mayhem rather than a main character. :embarrassed:

EDIT: I'd LOVE to see Rizzo on the cover of Season 5, but I don't think that'd happen!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Gonzo should be on the season 4 box and Scooter should be on the season 5 box. Of all the characters on The Muppet Show, I think Scooter would be considered the fifth main character (during season one, Scooter would have been fourth, and Gonzo fifth).

And if they release the sets that way, that takes care of the top row of Muppet Central smilies.

It'll likely be that the fifth box will have one of the smaller, but outrageously popular characters on it like Beaker or the Chef or Animal. Beaker would be a very cool cover, but I really hope it's not the Chef or Animal. Am I the only one who finds Animal's popularity as annoying as Elmo's? :halo: Not that I dislike Animal at all, he's hillarious when he's not placed in a lead role, as in Muppets From Space. It would be a poor choice to have him on one of the next two box covers.
I agree. Scooter needs to get his standing back, but it's unlikely. Rowlf's unlikely too due to it would mean a brown-colored box and that doesn't exactly translate into advertising gold.

Gonzo's a must for one of the slots, but my choice for the final cover would be in this order: Scooter (unlikely), Sam with shifty eyes, Dr. Teeth (unlikely), Beaker (somewhat likely), Stalter and Waldorf, and maybe Animal (most likely).

I like Animal, but he is a one (or two) note character that is overused in products. Non-fans just like Animal and Beaker for their simplicity. :eek: :halo:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Gonzo's a must for one of the slots, but my choice for the final cover would be in this order: Scooter (unlikely), Sam with shifty eyes, Dr. Teeth (unlikely), Beaker (somewhat likely), Stalter and Waldorf, and maybe Animal (most likely).
Sam with shifty eyes would be a great cover! I don't think I would have him in my top picks for the cover, but that would be very creative, and I would not be disapointed in a cover like that. I like the idea of Beaker. I was also thinking a new group shot would be fun, but might not work with the present style.

A Statler and Waldorf cover might work. Maybe a close-up of half of Statler's face on one side and half of Waldorf's on the other with the Muppet Show logo in between? That might not fit very well, though. Dr. Teeth would be fun because you could use the fuzzy cover and have something different with his shiny tooth, the way Piggy had sparkling eyes.

The best cover to me, though, would be a shot of Scooter's back with his head all the way at the top and turned to the side (so you know who it is). Then the Muppet Show logo would go right on the jacket.

(by the way, Jamie, I still think your Fozze box cover was soooo much better than the real thing. the hat over his face was very clever)

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Sam with shifty eyes would be a great cover! I don't think I would have him in my top picks for the cover, but that would be very creative, and I would not be disapointed in a cover like that. I like the idea of Beaker. I was also thinking a new group shot would be fun, but might not work with the present style.

A Statler and Waldorf cover might work. Maybe a close-up of half of Statler's face on one side and half of Waldorf's on the other with the Muppet Show logo in between? That might not fit very well, though. Dr. Teeth would be fun because you could use the fuzzy cover and have something different with his shiny tooth, the way Piggy had sparkling eyes.

The best cover to me, though, would be a shot of Scooter's back with his head all the way at the top and turned to the side (so you know who it is). Then the Muppet Show logo would go right on the jacket.

(by the way, Jamie, I still think your Fozze box cover was soooo much better than the real thing. the hat over his face was very clever)
Awww, thanks. I like your Scooter idea and actually know that they have a nice high-res picture on file of Scooter's back. I wonder if they did do a shifty-eye Sam if it would be hologrammed? Maybe not the best idea, but holograms are the thing everyone's doing these days.

I wouldn't be offended by a series set for the Muppet Show once all seasons are released. I wonder how that would be packaged. Lots of options there with stage, curtains arches, dressing rooms etc. I think a replica balcony would kick butt. However, I'm so ahead of the release schedule on that sort of speculation. :crazy:

Carnby

Reaction score
I'm going with Gonzo, and I don't have a very good reason other than so far, each season's went in the order of who's on each disc from the Season 1 dvd set. Kermit was on disc 1, Piggy on disc 2, Fozzie on disc 3...

monkeyjb1988

Reaction score
Wikipedia says it'll be released in May, but Wikipedia isn't always accurate
I hope that's the case. I really want to see more Muppet Show. Hopefully, one of the next sets will have of Muppets and Men. That was the best making of ever. No new thing can replace it. If Season 4 comes in May, I'll buy all four seasons.

The characters I would like to see on the next two boxes (in no particular order) are Gonzo and Animal. :concern: :halo:

Davina

Reaction score
I'm going with Gonzo, and I don't have a very good reason other than so far, each season's went in the order of who's on each disc from the Season 1 dvd set. Kermit was on disc 1, Piggy on disc 2, Fozzie on disc 3...
who would that make the "obvious" pick then for season 5?