"Not-real Kermit" Benefit Appearance

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
i belive Rick refers to the puppet as Kermit the Fraud Jokingly,

he cant be responsabl for whatthe pare or articles print , but what ever , it was clearly done with respect and good intentions,and was not supposed to be filmed and put on youtube anyway.

Keeermit

Reaction score
By the way I am just kidding - I don't really care eitherway what people do, life goes on - enjoy it :smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Has there been anything written anywhere that Disney didn't give permission? I know they will allow their characters on a headstone as long as they don't touch another company's characters, or extra fees are charged to use the characters.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
When was this recorded? Kermit Prince of Denmark was prior to Disney acquiring the Muppets...or was this more recent?

Edit: Checked the Sonnet website, I'm assuming this was recent then?

mummytomb

Reaction score
Seriously, friends. I'm sure Disney can take care of themselves. At least this guy is doing something with the character. How about that 50th year celebration?
...and before any of you cite the Christmas Special, That's still to long to wait.
...and pleasedon't bring up the Disney Channel show designed to promote other Disney properties. They've jus become Disney's puppets(pun intended).
I don't mean to sound bitter, but we all know that these characters are historical in the world of entertainment and need to be working as such.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Seriously, friends. I'm sure Disney can take care of themselves. At least this guy is doing something with the character. How about that 50th year celebration?
...and before any of you cite the Christmas Special, That's still to long to wait.
...and pleasedon't bring up the Disney Channel show designed to promote other Disney properties. They've jus become Disney's puppets(pun intended).
I don't mean to sound bitter, but we all know that these characters are historical in the world of entertainment and need to be working as such.
Disney seems to be cracking down recently and technically it is unethical to perform another person's character for money without consent even if it does go to charity. However, I do think this should be overlooked and it probably will.

I will have to agree that Disney’s dropping the Kermit’s 50th anniversary world tour was lame.

There’s nothing to be bitter about anymore. The past is the past. There were some fizzled attempts, but Eisner’s fingerprints and the many changes in management are no longer tainting the Muppets. It’s a new day and Disney is laying out a foundation of support through various specials and appearances until the eventual movie and likely a television series to follow. They’re not just tossing the characters out there and demanding an audience or else they’ll tuck them away again. Disney is giving the Muppets a much needed reintroduction. They’re not “Disney’s Muppets” and never will be. They know that. The clips from the NBC special look the most like “Jim Henson’s Muppets” since he was alive. Not even under the 90s Henson ownership have the Muppets seemed this natural and comfortable in their own fleece and foam skin.

This is about to be a very strong brand again – rooted in the character personalities we know and loved and supported by media powerhouse Disney. They’re finally doing good by the Muppets and I don’t blame them for protecting their efforts if they choose. :wink:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Right now, I just cannot see any naysayers about The Muppets' future at this point in time. There is a LOT going on, production and merchandise wise, and if it's overlooked by fans they are missing out. Whether TV, the possible movie, the Muppets.com stuff...it all is smelling of the great glory days of the Muppets. I think right now Jim would be pleased.

The past couple of years' worth of nothingness probably not; but, Disney has cranked up the machine and appears to be driving it full steam ahead!