25th Anniversary Follow That Bird Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AAO

Reaction score
The overall tone with this film is so awesome. I really hope this DVD gives it the treatment it deserves!

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Amazon seems to have a picture of the back of the box now, revealing the bonus features.

• An interview with Caroll Spinney (WHOA!)
  • Jump to songs feature (ported from the last DVD I take it)
  • Sing-along subtitle track (eh, okay I guess)
  • DVD-ROM downloadable coloring sheets
  • Theatrical trailer
Nothing too special outside of the Spinney interview which is still pretty sweet!

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Bonus features could be better, but it's better than nothing.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Man! Why do I even ask things at this point like why did they stick Elmo on the cover? :stick_out_tongue: At least they didn't stick Abby on their or something... :rolleyes: It's just misleading. *sigh*

muppetfan89

Reaction score
Amazon seems to have a picture of the back of the box now, revealing the bonus features.

• An interview with Caroll Spinney (WHOA!)
  • Jump to songs feature (ported from the last DVD I take it)
  • Sing-along subtitle track (eh, okay I guess)
  • DVD-ROM downloadable coloring sheets
  • Theatrical trailer
Nothing too special outside of the Spinney interview which is still pretty sweet!
can't wait to see Caroll's interview, but I wash there was interviews with the rest of the cast, as well a behind the scenes documentary. Other than that, I'm excited about getting this.

Overall, it seems like another kid-friendy DVD, but I kind of expected that, but it's still good, to see the interview, and that fulm is remastered and in widescreen.

DrSarcasm

Reaction score
And Elmo in Grouchland isn't all that hot either (wow, full frame ruined that opening number in Grouchland something fierce).
You know, I just happened to put Elmo in Grouchland in my Netflix instant cue so my daughter could watch it via my Xbox 360. Imagine my surprise when I noticed that IT WAS IN WIDESCREEN! So I guess a widescreen print must be available, just not on DVD.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I bet there just wasn't that much behind the scenes footage to be found; people didn't tape home movies the way we do now. At least there is one interview! :wisdom:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I bet there just wasn't that much behind the scenes footage to be found; people didn't tape home movies the way we do now. At least there is one interview! :wisdom:
And.... REALLY...

Formats: Color, DVD-Video, Original recording remastered, Widescreen, NTSC
WideSCREEN! WHOAAAAhhhhh..... WhOAAAhhh.... (a dozen points to whoever gets that one)

An interview is as good as we can hope for, to say the least. DVD's of current movies have hours and hours and separate disks of 8 different making of features you never really get around to watching, deleted scenes that basically say, "In case you were curious, there's a scene that didn't need to be used here..." 20 minutes of actors forgetting their lines and tripping over props, and basically a lot of other stuff that screams, "Why did you bother going to see it in theaters? We pretty much just release these to DVD anyway" Indeed, new movies are made to have a short run in theaters before they make the real money.

But things like FTB, and others... all that stuff was junked and unless someone had a copy of something in their basement (Weird Al had a VHS of all the stuff cut from UHF, and that's the only reason it existed).

Status
Not open for further replies.