Season 40 Guest Stars

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Wow! So Jimmy Fallon is guest staring on The Electric Company and Sesames Street!

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Frowny face. I Hate Adam Sandler. Not a big fan of Mraz either, but I'm sure that his appearance(sp?) Will be a funny one.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I hate Jimmy Fallon, myself. Adam Sandler was much, MUCH better in the 90's. As long as his jokes don't involve angry midgets, I want to see this (seriously! Does EVERYTHING he does have to have some sort of "deformed" or crippled person doing stupid annoying things in it? Even his kid's movie. GAh!) But Ricky Gervais is the crown jewel of this line up. Dude's a big Muppet fan. That's why there are so many references in both the British and American The Office shows.

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
I hate Jimmy Fallon, myself. Adam Sandler was much, MUCH better in the 90's. As long as his jokes don't involve angry midgets, I want to see this (seriously! Does EVERYTHING he does have to have some sort of "deformed" or crippled person doing stupid annoying things in it? Even his kid's movie. GAh!) But Ricky Gervais is the crown jewel of this line up. Dude's a big Muppet fan. That's why there are so many references in both the British and American The Office shows.
Fer sure. I am in total agreement with you about Gervais, and I personally can't wait!

Kiki

Reaction score
Hmm... those guest stars don't sound too bad, esp Ricky Garvais. Personally, I think Adam Sandler would be good on SST (he's a bit of a Muppet himself if you ask me :wink:)... as long as he doesn't start singing that song about his car, lol. O_O Or that Christmas song he once sang on SNL back in the day, that wouldn't go down to well on SST (obviously, he won't but heh, funny thought).

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
This just in....

Here are some more names that you can to add to the list of season 40 guest stars... Cameron Diaz, Jeff Gordon, and Maggie Gyllenhaal.

RyGuy

Reaction score
I think the Oak Ridge Boys should be on SS . After all, they do reference Big Bird in the song "Thank God For Kids " I don't know if they could sing that on SS due to the word "God " in the title . it's a "what do we do here " suituation . However if "The Oaks" did appear onn SS they could do a a parody of "I'm Settin Fancy Free " called "I'm Happy To Be Me " about self esteem and pride or they could do "Touch a hand , make a friend "about friend-making .

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I do believe I've heard of that song by The Oak Ridge Boys- "Thank God for Kids"- it's a nice song. I see no reason why they couldn't sing that on Sesame Street. After all, Fozzie Bear sang "America the Beautiful" (including the line- "God shed His grace on thee") in "The Muppet Movie". And in the "Happy Holidays" video release, Prairie Dawn had the Sesame Street gang putting on a Christmas paegant with the traditional nativity scene depicting the birth of Jesus. I don't think a song like that should be a problem at all.
As for other guest stars though, I wouldn't mind seeing some bands like Switchfoot or Relient K- but doubt that would ever happen. Hey- here's an idea. Has Ray Stevens ever been on Sesame Street? That'd probably be good for a laugh.:batty::super::smile:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
I think the Oak Ridge Boys should be on SS . After all, they do reference Big Bird in the song "Thank God For Kids " I don't know if they could sing that on SS due to the word "God " in the title . it's a "what do we do here " suituation . However if "The Oaks" did appear onn SS they could do a a parody of "I'm Settin Fancy Free " called "I'm Happy To Be Me " about self esteem and pride or they could do "Touch a hand , make a friend "about friend-making .
Maybe they could do a parody of their Eliva song.