Season 40 Guest Stars

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I do believe I've heard of that song by The Oak Ridge Boys- "Thank God for Kids"- it's a nice song. I see no reason why they couldn't sing that on Sesame Street. After all, Fozzie Bear sang "America the Beautiful" (including the line- "God shed His grace on thee") in "The Muppet Movie". And in the "Happy Holidays" video release, Prairie Dawn had the Sesame Street gang putting on a Christmas paegant with the traditional nativity scene depicting the birth of Jesus. I don't think a song like that should be a problem at all.
Yeah I don't think it would be a problem (nor should it be hehe), it's a nice, innocent sentiment. Plus the show has tried to be inclusive in the past because that does reflect its audience.

Drtooth

Reaction score
And in the "Happy Holidays" video release, Prairie Dawn had the Sesame Street gang putting on a Christmas paegant with the traditional nativity scene depicting the birth of Jesus. I don't think a song like that should be a problem at all.
On a technicality, they were talking about what Christmas really means, much like they were talking about other holidays. Of course, they didn't go into why Kwanzaa was created....

That said, I'd much rather see Weird Al Yankovic or someone like that. Someone who can REALLY handle a music parody.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Of course, they didn't go into why Kwanzaa was created....
I think that's an example of how the show hesitates to do things now for fear of "confusing" kids, whereas in the past they might have tried to find a way to explain Kwanzaa. Not every single detail, but some way of making it understandable to kids. :smile:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I do believe I've heard of that song by The Oak Ridge Boys- "Thank God for Kids"- it's a nice song. I see no reason why they couldn't sing that on Sesame Street. After all, Fozzie Bear sang "America the Beautiful" (including the line- "God shed His grace on thee") in "The Muppet Movie".
Well, since TMS is more adult oriented than 'Sesame Street,' they might be a little more lenient on what they can or can't say or something like that.

Yeah I don't think it would be a problem (nor should it be hehe), it's a nice, innocent sentiment. Plus the show has tried to be inclusive in the past because that does reflect its audience.
I do agree with what you're saying though, but it does seem like other than in the nativity pagent they haven't really reflected God or religion on 'Sesame Street' even though there wouldn't be anything wrong with it. I don't know. Maybe they felt that was more Mr. Rogers' department. It would be nice to hear that song on SS though even if they felt a need to change the lyrics a bit. I remember hearing that song back when I was in elementary school. It's nice to know that it's still popular today.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I do agree with what you're saying though, but it does seem like other than in the nativity pagent they haven't really reflected God or religion on 'Sesame Street' even though there wouldn't be anything wrong with it.
Well I think Christmas Eve on Sesame Street was sort of intended to introduce kids to the idea of faith in an innocent way, believing in something without evidence. I think overall Sesame Street tried not to favor one set of beliefs over another, which does make sense. I liked it when they mentioned all the Winter holidays equally, rather than just ignoring the idea of faith completely.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Here is a great behind the scenes video of upcoming guest star Ricky Gervais doing an interview with Elmo on the set of Sesame Street.

Gervais + Elmo = Hilarity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUB7zTOpYaY
Just got through watching it on Youtube and couldn't keep from laughing. Greg thanks for this video. I don't know but i think Elmo should do some stand up with Gervais. Funny stuff.