Palisades prototypes

Nick22

Reaction score
Well, I use the Gobo smirk for everything here but yeah. The Palisades Proto-Gobo figure lives at my house. It's just kinda cool to see that he has his own Muppet Wiki... or Wiki Muppet entry. :smirk:
cool!

Fluffets

Reaction score
Well, I use the Gobo smirk for everything here but yeah. The Palisades Proto-Gobo figure lives at my house. It's just kinda cool to see that he has his own Muppet Wiki... or Wiki Muppet entry. :smirk:
So is it like....coloured?:big_grin:

Foodie

Reaction score
So is it like....coloured?:big_grin:
Yup. It's the exact same one pictured in the Muppet Wiki entry.... I had to repair some of his hair & his leg though. The hair is freakin'-crazy fragile. They mentioned the leg had come off when it was listed on eBay. Still looks good though. I don't let anyone touch him. :smirk:

Fluffets

Reaction score
Yup. It's the exact same one pictured in the Muppet Wiki entry.... I had to repair some of his hair & his leg though. The hair is freakin'-crazy fragile. They mentioned the leg had come off when it was listed on eBay. Still looks good though. I don't let anyone touch him. :smirk:
Do you ever touch it or pick it up? I like some of my latest stuff so for a few days I usually always hold it, especially if it smells of fresh plastic.:big_grin:

Fluffets

Reaction score
I like the Sesame Street Ones....shame they were never made :frown:
Yeah those looked great, judging by the muppet wiki entry for them, I'm a fair Cookie Monster fan so I think a figure of him would of been/ would be very cool, I think there is some plastic sesame street toys/figures out there too, maybe some action figures but of course not by palisades :stick_out_tongue:. I have seen the wall set toy and part of the (or the whole thing) of the sesame street street playset by palisades on ebay though but with the prices its probably not worth it or affordable for most people. Maybe one of the actual sesame street performers has I imagine they have more than fair pay, wouldn't that make the headlines!:smile:

beaker

Reaction score
Yeah those looked great, judging by the muppet wiki entry for them, I'm a fair Cookie Monster fan so I think a figure of him would of been/ would be very cool, I think there is some plastic sesame street toys/figures out there too, maybe some action figures but of course not by palisades :stick_out_tongue:. I have seen the wall set toy and part of the (or the whole thing) of the sesame street street playset by palisades on ebay though but with the prices its probably not worth it or affordable for most people. Maybe one of the actual sesame street performers has I imagine they have more than fair pay, wouldn't that make the headlines!:smile:
Im still wondering HOW close Palisades was to factory production?
Did any get made, or are the one and two shot prototypes about it?

At least Grover came out officially

I recently aquired an amazing Japanese import posable 6" Cookie Monster action figure from 1980 done by the same company that makes the Ultraman monster figures(so he almost resembles an Ultraman monster) My favorite Sesame figure line by far tho, is the 1985 "Tara Toys" line which go quite nicely with the 1978 Fisher Price Line, 2003-2004 Palisades Mini line and the 2003 Jack In The Box line.

But yeah, darn shame not even wave 1 of Sesame Palisades got released:frown:

*still trying to get the 1958 Wiltkins and Wontkins figure set*
(amazing how Muppet figures have been around for over half a century!)

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Im still wondering HOW close Palisades was to factory production?
Did any get made, or are the one and two shot prototypes about it?

At least Grover came out officially

I recently aquired an amazing Japanese import posable 6" Cookie Monster action figure from 1980 done by the same company that makes the Ultraman monster figures(so he almost resembles an Ultraman monster) My favorite Sesame figure line by far tho, is the 1985 "Tara Toys" line which go quite nicely with the 1978 Fisher Price Line, 2003-2004 Palisades Mini line and the 2003 Jack In The Box line.

But yeah, darn shame not even wave 1 of Sesame Palisades got released:frown:

*still trying to get the 1958 Wiltkins and Wontkins figure set*
(amazing how Muppet figures have been around for over half a century!)
The factory mold is what costs the most in my experience. The factory-money issue was a factor in Palisades closing to my understanding. So I'd say the figures were still in prototype phase with minimal if any articulation and tooling. If factory molds were made there would likely be more prototypes on Ebay. I know they did start designing what the packaging would look like.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Man... Rully need to photograph my Palisades SST figures. Fully painted and articulated, they're huddled with a few friends at the moment.