Benny Rabbit

Kiki

Reaction score
Agreed. Everything there is so good. And the stuff I watched as a little kid just feels so good to see again.
I think that's why I like it the most, too. It just feels to good to see all these things that you prolly haven't seen in years, y'know?

Kiki

Reaction score
I think his last appearence was on the video 1, 2, 3, Count With Me, but I haven't seen that fer years, so I could be wrong. it was set in the Furry-Arms Hotel, though.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well, he's appeared on the show from time to time sense season 30 as just a random rabbit. He looks and sounds the same, only he doesn't wear a bell hop outfit and he doesn't have his catchphrase or anything like that.

camillachick

Reaction score
I remember this character well. The first time I saw him he was arguing with Polly Darton about something. She kept calling him a sweet little "bunny bunny". He got so mad and shouted, "Don't call me bunny, the name is Benny!" That was a common phrase for him. He also said frequently, "I gotta get downtown."
In the Furry Arms sketches his catch phrase was, "I'm ON my BREAK!" because he never liked to help people who came in the hotel.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The thing about Benny is that the character was clearly designed as part of the 1993 restructuring of SS, which happened out of the necessity of filling in gaps left by people who were no longer there, as well as trying to squeeze themselves into a spotlight being taken up by new kid's programs. I feel it has some parallels to what Muppets Tonight did, filling in blanks left by characters that weren't yet recast or retired, or the writers couldn't use anymore. And much like MT, there were characters with staying potential, and characters that were used a few times, and then tossed.

I really hoped Benny would be the former... but then again, remember who plays Benny, and what he does on the show.... Honestly, I wonder if Kevin even has time to perform Elmo, much less any other character... there's a reason he earns the big bucks. Deep down, I like how Benny was sort of like Oscar. A character in a kid's show, surrounded by cuddly, happy characters who really seems to resent it. Something that makes SS all the more more believable, since not everyone can be a happy ray of sunshine. Benny hated being touched, and hated being a creature that's commonly linked to cute and cuddly (Hey fan fic writers.... he's the perfect character to use in a Tiny Toons/Sesame Street crossover.... can't you picture him with Elmyra?)

Plus, I love the goony looking design they picked out for him.