SST 40th Anniversary Benefit Dinner

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
There was a section in the invite they sent, regarding donations. If anyone's interested I would email them through the address mentioned on that link (at the top of this thread).

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Yeah pretty typical for benefits. Aw, that's a great attitude, Melissa, though I'm sure you do good just as you are right now. :smile:

I've said this before, it's things like this that make me grateful for The Paley Center! :wink:

But on a happier note, it's great that Sesame Street's 40th is getting this kind of attention.
Thanks, Heralde. I try. I've been making some small donations to what I can over the past few weeks. I just contributed to someone I know who is doing an MS walk in the near future.

OH I hope the Paley Center has some interesting events for the Sesame 40th anniversary! It seems in the past they've done some great Henson related events in the fall season, and being Sesame will turn 40 this November, sounds like perfect timing! :smile:

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Ah man, what I would give to go to that. If only I was rich, I would totally donate to Sesame Workshop.
I send them small donations when I can from time to time. I'm on their mailing list now for all that stuff.

EmMonster

Reaction score
I send them small donations when I can from time to time. I'm on their mailing list now for all that stuff.
Yeah, Sesame Workshop is going to be my project for awesome charity/organization thing (Project for awesome is this thing where people on youtube called nerdfighters talk about charities. It's not until december, though.)
And if I make any money any time soon I'd like to donate, but as of now I'm broke.

sesameguy

Reaction score
Well in the reply card they sent me, the least amount was $2,500 and it went up from there, heh. Not sure if there are any other options, that's the only information they sent me when I emailed.
That's pretty steep, even if the company you work for is paying your way. And only for one night! That's a lot to ask from an organization. I'm wondering what kind of people/groups would be able to afford this. Not too many educators would have that kind of disposable income (unfortunately!).

ISNorden

Reaction score
$2500? It's times like this that I regret not buying a few state lottery tickets; if I were rich enough to fly out east and attend that dinner, you bet I'd stick around for some chatting and autograph-seeking.

EmMonster

Reaction score
$2500? It's times like this that I regret not buying a few state lottery tickets; if I were rich enough to fly out east and attend that dinner, you bet I'd stick around for some chatting and autograph-seeking.
Haha, exactly. I would be star-struck all night.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Pictures from last night's event

Posted these pictures on my Twitter, but thought I'd share them here too:
  • Joan Ganz Cooney with the Muppets: 1
  • Michael Bloomberg and Elmo: 1
  • Sheryl Crow performing with Elmo: 1 | 2 | 3
  • Sheryl Crow with the Muppets: 1 | 2
  • Brian Williams on stage with Elmo: 1 | 2

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yikes! What are Mayor Bloomberg and Elmo attempting to do? Lol!